Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you visit the Muppet Mindset, there are new interview videos done by Kermit promoting MMW. One of these is titled Frog News because it deals with news stories involving frogs. They basically cover three stories: frogs' bacteria preserving milk, wood frogs in Alaska hibernating as frogcicles, and firefighters trying to beat brushfires by cutting down trees endangering yellow-legged frogs. Kermit's comments are hilarious... Though regretably there's his "don't date pigs" line thrown in there as usual. I mention you going to the Mindset since you said you don't go to Toughpigs, and they both have the links to the same videos.

Hope this helps.
BTW: When you say that William Kidd is a "ram", do you mean he's a male adult sheep? Just curious.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Bringing this back up topside, hope the authoress graces us with an update, we want to know if the frog finally does make it to Broadway.

Muppetjente

Reaction score
After months of reading, I finally caught up.
And what a lovely and amazing story. :smile: Can't wait for more!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Chapter 159: Business as Usual
Ha! I can easily imagine the whole confrontation: Bobo and Moishe arguing, Piggy for once being drowned out, the workers staring raptly...hilarious! Hoping Creepazoid won't have much chance to elbow in to our star lady's personal space again with these two growling at all and sundry...

Nice tip of the hat to Mr S, as well, at the end. :smile:

Reading on...

--------------------------

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Chapter 160: What It Sounded Like
Awwwww! What a sweet, subtly painted chapter. At the risk of sounding ushy-gushy, there is so much TRUTH about what love is and means in this that I was nodding and smiling away, while reading it in a crowded bookstore. (Unlike our Dashing Duo, I CAN afford to let any observers draw whatever conclusions they prefer.)

The aside with Tricia, suddenly finding deeper meaning in a song already familiar to her, makes a nice point: love songs, hope songs, life songs just mean more when our emotions are directly engaged.

Enjoying the **** outta this, as usual!

------------------

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Chapter 161: Divine and Conquer
Wow...

This went places I was NOT at all expecting.

VERY glad that Piggy's new(er) friends are smarter than the average singer/dancers (ok, smarter than the ones I was privileged to know. ahem), and that Seymour's and Fleet's machinations are soon to have magnifying glasses thrust upon them. Maybe this newly coalesced group of Scoobies will actually unmask the Big Bad directing the evil play...?

Fleet's musings come off as realistic and surprisingly grounded, considering how infatuated he still is with Piggy. Then again, having your heart broken tends to make one more circumspect regarding the amour next time around. I still WANT to cheer for him, but if he thinks he has a shot at the pulchritudinous pig, he's destined for another upset... (there oughta be a Kazagger icon to punch in here, ya know, for just such Cosellian rants!)

The mental image of the boys camped on the stoop bearing grease and booze is PERFECT and ought to be filmed! The noisemaker fwaaaaahhhhing from Fozzie's lips is the icing on that cake! The bit with keys being wordlessly slapped into Scooter's palm is also lovely.

But bringing up Jim, and Richard...wow. You seem to refer to them as creative partners, sidling right around the whole Muppet/human issue, which I thought was a brilliant way to treat things. (Forgive me if you've used that tactic before and I've forgotten! But it IS remarkable AND it works.) Real poignancy in Kermit's drunken ramblings.

SO glad I had time tonight to catch up on this tale! WHY our Ru isn't already writing in Hollywood is beyond me...

--------------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Wow...

This went places I was NOT at all expecting.

VERY glad that Piggy's new(er) friends are smarter than the average singer/dancers (ok, smarter than the ones I was privileged to know. ahem), and that Seymour's and Fleet's machinations are soon to have magnifying glasses thrust upon them. Maybe this newly coalesced group of Scoobies will actually unmask the Big Bad directing the evil play...?

Fleet's musings come off as realistic and surprisingly grounded, considering how infatuated he still is with Piggy. Then again, having your heart broken tends to make one more circumspect regarding the amour next time around. I still WANT to cheer for him, but if he thinks he has a shot at the pulchritudinous pig, he's destined for another upset... (there oughta be a Kazagger icon to punch in here, ya know, for just such Cosellian rants!)

The mental image of the boys camped on the stoop bearing grease and booze is PERFECT and ought to be filmed! The noisemaker fwaaaaahhhhing from Fozzie's lips is the icing on that cake! The bit with keys being wordlessly slapped into Scooter's palm is also lovely.

But bringing up Jim, and Richard...wow. You seem to refer to them as creative partners, sidling right around the whole Muppet/human issue, which I thought was a brilliant way to treat things. (Forgive me if you've used that tactic before and I've forgotten! But it IS remarkable AND it works.) Real poignancy in Kermit's drunken ramblings.

SO glad I had time tonight to catch up on this tale! WHY our Ru isn't already writing in Hollywood is beyond me...

--------------------
Aww... Thank you so much, sweetie. You know this is my grand love song to my favorite fictional fellas. I'm so glad you think I am doing right by them. More to come soonish.... (She said optimistically.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the next chapter whenever it should happen to be posted. *Goes back to read through the novel.

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
Hello Aunt Ru, just wanted to pop in to say that I have been re-reading this story over the past few weeks, and of course, it has been fantastic. I'm about two-thirds of the way through (Kermit has just been rescued from becoming a frogsicle). The newest updates have been wonderful as well! I'll probably come back when I'm done reading the whole thing and comment some more. Keep up the incredible work! :smile: