When you need to rant...

KingR76

Reaction score
Slightly annoyed at the lack of sponsors for my upcoming #Bikeathon, the fact that pictures of a well known Oscar winning actress have been leaked and people breaking promises to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always felt those DreamLites were kinda satanic. After seeing this redub, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I wouldn't know. I got complications of Diabetes hearing that narmy jingle.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Read this and enjoy...

(Idiot) Teen Burns down house, blames Soul Eater

A) Florida again. Just... Florida.

B) this is a very unique case where the mentally unbalanced kid is the one blaming the media, not the inattentive parents. But you gotta love what the Florida (ugh... Florida) Local Sheriff said...

Nocco called for removing “all of these things” — referring to Soul Eater and the Slender Man websites — from the Internet. “I understand there’s a First Amendment, and we defend the Constitution, I believe in it,” he said. “However, when there’s times when they know they’re putting things up there and they’re target audience, you know — they’re absolutely manipulating their brain, causing them to do things such as, you know, kill people, harm them, this girl’s situation leads her to try to burn her family, kill her family, that causes great concern, not only from the sheriff’s office perspective, but I’m a dad …”
Yeah....THIS again. Fiction makes one out of tens of millions of kids do something stupid, so therefore, every kid is an idiot that can't distinguish reality from fiction and theretherefore everything should be censored. Especially in this case, where the connection is forced at best (maybe the manage is different, but I've seen every episode of the anime and NOTHING like that happened). Jeez... if your kid's nuts, get freaking help!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yeah....THIS again. Fiction makes one out of tens of millions of kids do something stupid, so therefore, every kid is an idiot that can't distinguish reality from fiction and theretherefore everything should be censored. Especially in this case, where the connection is forced at best (maybe the manage is different, but I've seen every episode of the anime and NOTHING like that happened). Jeez... if your kid's nuts, get freaking help!
People never want to admit that they did something wrong, so it's easy to cast the blame on external factors. It's not their fault that they didn't notice their kid had issues!

Slackbot

Reaction score
True dat. If your kids can't tell fiction from reality, methinks the parents haven't been raising their kids right. At the very least, they ought to be aware of what their kids see and provide guidance rather than asserting that the whole world should be G-rated for their little darlings' sake.

Drtooth

Reaction score
People never want to admit that they did something wrong, so it's easy to cast the blame on external factors. It's not their fault that they didn't notice their kid had issues!
The fact the kid was the one who straight up blamed fiction makes this unique, and I can't tell if that's better or worse than when parents grope around for blame shifting/moral panic. I mean, at least if it's the parents, then it can be chalked up to not wanting to blame themselves or being overprotective. But this girl said she was inspired by a violent plot point in a story to deal with her problems. That's a level of messed up and stupid that I can't even fathom. And you're right. Benefit of the doubt, they probably didn't know something was wrong with her. But what that sheriff said was idiotic to say the least. Not that there shouldn't be some common sense censorship here and there (terrorist training/indoctrination videos shouldn't be on Youtube, I don't care what anyone says), but we can't have our dumb creepypasta crap or manga because it inspires one moron out of millions of readers to do something stupid? I love how he says "I'm all for free speech when it's convenient."

True dat. If your kids can't tell fiction from reality, methinks the parents haven't been raising their kids right. At the very least, they ought to be aware of what their kids see and provide guidance rather than asserting that the whole world should be G-rated for their little darlings' sake.
I can't even tell if it's not having a dose of reality or being that freaking insane that you have to get answers to solve your problems from fiction (at least the kind that isn't pro-social values that are supposed to tell you that stuff). The cynic's answer to what's real and what's imaginary is that reality is the one that sucks. Burning down the house because there was some sort of undisclosed reason fight (and frankly, if a fight escalates to that much, there must have been HUGE problems at home) pretty much means either they completely &^%$ed up as parents or their kid was dangerously insane and would have blamed Peppa Pig if she had to. The kid was mentally unstable, and for the dumb%$# Sheriff to even believe her at face value that a comic book made her do it means that he's pretty much unqualified for his job anyway.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Getting pretty annoyed at the Referendum Campaigning (the vote for Scottish Independence happening on the 18th for those who don't know). Everyone on both sides are being really in your face and aggressive about it, putting up huge signs on their houses, the news specials on TV, ranting on Facebook about how oppressed we are by the English Parliament and how we're not ready for Independence. Not to mention the tension on the High Street when both parties are trying to win over undecided voters. And the patriotism. Oh, god it's everywhere!

Thing is, while I already know what I'm voting for (keeping that a secret to stay out of debates), I still have a lot of uncertainty about it. It does feel to unpredictable going Independent but so does staying with the UK. I just hope whatever the outcome, it's better for everyone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

One of our local channels airs back-to-back episodes of SEINFELD every weekday, so today I was checking the schedule to see what episodes they'd be playing today (and they really haven't been airing any good ones lately), only to find that the show's been replaced with reruns of HOT IN CLEVELAND.

In the words of Drtooth... WHAT THE FECK!?!!

Who thought that was a good idea?! What were they thinking?! Nobody likes that show! NOBODY LIKES THAT SHOW. Honestly, go to TV Land's Facebook page, everybody bashes that show to no end and have been ever since TV Land first started airing it. Who was the genius who thought, "Y'know, I bet it'll be a swell idea to mix up our schedule by replacing one of the greatest shows in television history with a nice steaming pile of horse ****"?!

And why would a cable show need to be in reruns on a network affiliate? What sense does that make?

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Syndication was dead to me the minute my Fox affiliate killed reruns of The Simpsons for non-stop TMZ/some TMZ ripoff showings, multiple times per day. Well, the hours that aren't filled by their news cast.

That said, I'm sure Hot in Cleveland plays to aging women, and that's their only major demographic for the show. At least they seem to like it... I guess. Then again, they syndicated reruns of New Adventures of Old Christine, Rules of Engagement, and even Till Death. Now, I understand the first 2 actually had ratings, I can't fathom that either managed to last more than a season. They're awful. I actually pretend that Agent Coulson had to infiltrate the cast and writers of Old Christine to make sure the show was horridly unfunny to prevent some HYDRA conspiracy. And that Adam Sandler bribed CBS so David Spade actually had a career. But NO ONE liked Till Death. NO ONE! And it's on all these channels. A show Fox kept forcing on the American people that no one liked managed to get enough episodes to rerun.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
One of our local channels airs back-to-back episodes of SEINFELD every weekday, so today I was checking the schedule to see what episodes they'd be playing today (and they really haven't been airing any good ones lately), only to find that the show's been replaced with reruns of HOT IN CLEVELAND.

In the words of Drtooth... WHAT THE FECK!?!!

Who thought that was a good idea?! What were they thinking?! Nobody likes that show! NOBODY LIKES THAT SHOW. Honestly, go to TV Land's Facebook page, everybody bashes that show to no end and have been ever since TV Land first started airing it. Who was the genius who thought, "Y'know, I bet it'll be a swell idea to mix up our schedule by replacing one of the greatest shows in television history with a nice steaming pile of horse ****"?!

And why would a cable show need to be in reruns on a network affiliate? What sense does that make?
In similar news, TV Land is apparently going to be airing reruns of Steve Harvey's Family Feud, showing that they've completely given up on their network. When you're taking the Game Show Network's leftovers, something has gone wrong.