Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Signs up for the Crummy Pictures version of Labyrinth. Although if they were to go full-on in-joke, I wonder if they'd use the 13-hour clock from Labyrinth or the 19-hour cuckoo clock that :batty: brought once to the Fix-It Shop to be repaired.

:sing: What kind of magic recipe to use...
Cinnamon or fleur de sals.
Peppermint tails.
Sugar frosting or icing.
Then Cookie said...
Dance cookie dance, cookie dance.
Put that magic recipe on me.
Jump cookie jump, cookie jump.
Put that magic recipe on me, snatch that cookie, eat it wheeeeeee!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Labyrinth on Sesame Street would be awesome!!! Especially if David Bowie agreed to reprise the role of Jareth on Sesame Street. Bring on the Skesis and Jen and Kira from "The Dark Crystal" while you're at it.:scary::smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Animation Lead Time (or in this case Puppet Show produced a year or more in Advance Lead Time) will hurt the Twilight parody in Crumby Pictures. Even mocking that...that that is out of fashion (thank Glob). While I don't fully agree that certain movies and TV shows have a pop culture expiration date, some do. And Twilight is one of them. I'm looking forward to it, regardless... after all it's Crumby Pictures!

That said, you know what movie they really should look into parodying if they continue with this next season? I say they should go on full inside joke and do Labyrinth. Think about it. Jareth takes one of Cookie's precious cookies and has to follow directions on how to get past through the maze. Maybe have a Dance, Cookie, Dance song parody. Who's with me on that?
Something about them spoofing Twilight don't sit right with me and I'm not sure why. I think it's too beneath them/modern to spoof.

I'm not sure if they would do a Labyrinth spoof, but they're doing When Harry Met Sally this season, so anything's possible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something about them spoofing Twilight don't sit right with me and I'm not sure why. I think it's too beneath them/modern to spoof.
Well, everyone that isn't a teenage girl that doesn't realize it's about an abusive relationship (it...totally...is) hates the series, and everyone who does wants to make fun of it. It's just a little too late for that to be relevant, and waaaaaaay too early to be considered nostalgic. Especially considering they did the Hunger Games parody at the height of the series' popularity and it was very relevant. I'm sure they're going to give the movie a backhanded compliment or snide take that when they do it, though. Nothing says "affectionate parody" about it to me.

I'm not sure if they would do a Labyrinth spoof, but they're doing When Harry Met Sally this season, so anything's possible.
Considering what they could do, it's logical. Plus it's a great inside joke. I doubt they would though.

Wonder what they plan with Harry Met Sally. The "faking it" scene barely passed by in MT (sure, it had to be sneezing)... sure, I've seen family friendly versions of that, still barely passing... I wonder what scene they're going to parody other than that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I just wonder if Cookie's going to play Harry, then who will be his Sally?

Also... They could do a Crummy Pictures parody of... The Muppet Movie!
Can't you just see :insatiable: sitting on a giant twill log cookie in the middle of a brown milken morass, strumming the banjo and singing...
"Someday me find it.
The Chocolate Chip Connection.
Thanks to the lovers, the bakers, and me."

C to the J

Reaction score
Do you think there will be an updated title sequence? My favorite is the Calypso version that came in the early '90s, by the way. And you know something? Zoe doesn't have dreadfully small eyes anymore, which is why I think the sequence could be revised.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unless the half hour show is an indicator, anything goes. Something tells me they didn't, but they've had this one since the last anniversary season. Time to update it for this one. Especially, as you said, homunculus Zoe is thankfully no longer used.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Here's one of the dems "dance break" bits from the new season:

I sure I'll get bored seeing the same footage in every episode with little variation, but I'll be darned if that's not a funky song. And Ernie and Bert!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess this is a wait and see thing... but does that mean we're going to lose the Murray tune in for letter of the day or will that just be a letter of the day segment?

I'm mixed... I actually like the Murray Tune ins to an extent as they're shot on location... this does seem like it would get very annoying after a while, but it does have an excellent mix of characters. And Abby and Ernie are in the same place at the same time, so... what that member keeps saying, I guess. :stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.