Let's Play: Spot the references in the Numericon Trailer!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Count, thanks for telling us well in advance! I'll have to find out when it comes on in Mobridge, SD on Dish Network. I want to record this episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And why is there no info about the episode or the characters/parodies at Muppet Wiki's page for Episode 4504?
Probably didn't have the time to do that just yet. Though I've never seen a page on that wiki about episodes with references and notes about that sort of thing. The references will probably be spread out through the individual pages for DC and Marvel.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Is the DVD this episode's going to be on. Cookie may or may not be in the episode, but I'm loving how he's obviously Rorschach minus the mask in this one.

Abby should be fairly obvious.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You talking about Elmo's Super Numbers, slated to be released on October 7, :batty:'s birthday? :smile:

Edit: And if that is :insatiable:'s costume, then shouldn't we call him Fourschach.

So far...
Super Mario Brothers, AM with "2" on his overalls as Luigi? and Muppet squirrel with "3" on red cap, tribute to Tanooki Mario?
Dr. Two (Mando) with "NUMERATE!" Dallek.
Princess Threea (Leela).
Fourschach, from The Watchmen (Cookie Monster).
Fiverine.
Toughpigs' Joe Hennes as #6, identity unknown.
Nick Furry (Grover) & The Sevengers.
Green Lan-Ten (Muppet unknown).

Oscarfan

Reaction score

Is the DVD this episode's going to be on. Cookie may or may not be in the episode, but I'm loving how he's obviously Rorschach minus the mask in this one.

Abby should be fairly obvious.
(He's actually supposed to be In-Three-ana Jones.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Doesn't look like Indiana Jones to me. The hat's too small. Something tells me they just pulled out Telly's costume from that episode, and it doesn't look right on Cookie.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but in the background of the first shot with Elmo and Leela, I think there's a monster wearing Grover's "SpiderMonster" outfit.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So recapping, and until we get more information from eagle-eyed viewers as to the entire Numeric Con cosplayer cast, we've got...

Princess Bubble-One
Doctor Two
Princess Threea
Fourschach
Fiverine
Tough Six Joe
Nick Furry & The Sevengers
Eightman
The Dark Nine
The Green Lan-Ten.

There are also the Mario Bros., even if one of them is a squirrel in a cap, still think it's a reference to Tanooki Mario. Any others we're missing? Like could the cast go up to include characters named for the numbers 11 to 20? And what about the William Shatner Muppet, what role will he have?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So recapping, and until we get more information from eagle-eyed viewers as to the entire Numeric Con cosplayer cast, we've got...

Princess Bubble-One
Doctor Two
Princess Threea
Fourschach
Fiverine
Tough Six Joe
Nick Furry & The Sevengers
Eightman
The Dark Nine
The Green Lan-Ten.

There are also the Mario Bros., even if one of them is a squirrel in a cap, still think it's a reference to Tanooki Mario. Any others we're missing? Like could the cast go up to include characters named for the numbers 11 to 20? And what about the William Shatner Muppet, what role will he have?
There's no "Fourschach"; Cookie Monster is "In-3-ana Jones" (confirmed by a report on the episode screening at Comic-Con). The WS Muppet is supposed to be "Cap-Ten Kirk."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, guess I agree with Drtooth in not liking the Inthreeana Jones Cookie Monster. At least we still have Threea. So what character will sport the number 4?