What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It may be in the wrong thread, but it is still a good observation. Nothing wrong with pondering the plot points of the movie (even for a Muppet movie). I did a good bit of this with my nephews and nieces who were pointing out logistical questions about "Muppets Most Wanted" after seeing the movie and at some point I just had to tell them that it's just a movie- and a Muppet movie at that- it's not all going to make sense all the time.:wink:
I see what you're saying, but at the same time, I wouldn't call that a "plot point" either. Those were Muppets that didn't have a speaking role and were just in the background and he's calling it a "Muppet goof," that they're back in the gualuag?If you have EVERY LITTLE detail explain in a movie and as you said a Muppet movie at that, it ruins the movie. I'm pretty sure he's the only one who was wondering how Blind Pew got caught again.

Than a post about movies that aren't Muppet movies? Let's take that to the general discussion please.

Like DrTooth said, I don't want to come off like I'm picking on this forum member, but most posts I've read of his, he honestly doesn't get the point a lot of the times. I'm sure he (she) means well and all, but it just comes off as trying to get your post count up.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but at the same time, I wouldn't call that a "plot point" either. Those were Muppets that didn't have a speaking role and were just in the background and he's calling it a "Muppet goof," that they're back in the gualuag?If you have EVERY LITTLE detail explain in a movie and as you said a Muppet movie at that, it ruins the movie. I'm pretty sure he's the only one who was wondering how Blind Pew got caught again.
No matter how minute, it is still a point in the plot- though obviously they must have been caught. I'd call it more of a nitpick, I guess. I don't have an issue with pondering on minutiae details of movies- but I agree that it should be done in the appropriate thread.
It's important to keep in mind that there is a person behind every avatar and though I'm certainly not perfect at it, I try to remember to extend grace and understanding to everyone. I don't know anything about the motivations of the poster. I'm sure if it's an issue, one of the moderators will address it.
Otherwise, like Jim Henson once said, "Take what you've got and fly with it.":jim:
I guess I just don't worry too much about such things. But yeah- if it's an issue, let the mods. know so they can handle it.:cool::smile:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Why is everybody sending hate to Kermit's Swamp Years?
Because it's terrible. The "Life as a Pet" segment is the singular brilliant gem in an otherwise disposable kiddie video that took the fantastic Muppet franchise, beloved by kids and adults, then reduced it to a Barney & Friends style script featuring rubber-faced actors. It pains me to say it, but if any Muppet project deserves an F this is it.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Because it's terrible. The "Life as a Pet" segment is the singular brilliant gem in an otherwise disposable kiddie video that took the fantastic Muppet franchise, beloved by kids and adults, then reduced it to a Barney & Friends style script featuring rubber-faced actors. It pains me to say it, but if any Muppet project deserves an F this is it.
If you take away the kiddieness ( and there's not even that much of it), how would it be? It would be just fine! And, it is nothing like Barney! This one is much, MUCH more for mature audiences because a frog gets run over by a car, there is dissections! Try showing that to test Barney audiences, and their parents will yell at you.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
If you take away the kiddieness ( and there's not even that much of it), how would it be? It would be just fine! And, it is nothing like Barney! This one is much, MUCH more for mature audiences because a frog gets run over by a car, there is dissections! Try showing that to test Barney audiences, and their parents will yell at you.
I stand by my statement. It is not "much much more for mature audiences" or whatever that means. Any alleged violence is cartoony and that's fine. Aside from that, the film is the most kiddified Muppets production to date. Kermit deserves a better origin story than this toss-away kids vid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I never saw that much of it, I'll admit to not wanting to defend it. Though it's painfully obvious this was meant to be a TV show, Frog School, and said TV show was going to be for preschoolers.

Which makes me wonder... were we actually just better off with one lame DTV movie, or would the show have actually been better? The animated segments the article mentions sound promising, but I dunno if the rest of the series sounds that good either. KSY was pretty much a sign that said that the Frog best be left to all ages family projects, and his preschool days were best left on Sesame Street.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I agree, if you are going to turn the muppets into dumb preschool material than I can not live with you. Let us just be thankful that none of the other muppets besides Kermit, Statler, and Waldorf made appearances, that would have been dreadful. While at least it was better than having another preschool series, so we were better off. So while I do not like the film, it is better than another Muppet Babies or Playhouse Video scenario. I hope that nothing like this will happen in the future.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Also, I really do not see KSY as a muppet movie. What is funny though that it was made around the time VMX, a PG film, was made and MWoO, need I say more, so ya all of those had Kermit, he really can entertain for all ages, such a guy.