You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm surprised there haven't been any consoles where you only download games as opposed to putting discs, cartidges, or other things in the systems.
there have been. and they have all failed

PSP Go was a download only system and no one wanted it, not to mention all the other 3rd party consoles that really just play android games and such

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has it ever occured to anybody that that wheel of cheese always acts immature because it doesn't want to be chopped up, shoved into an oven, and baked into Cheez-It crackers that would be eaten by people?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed the newest biggest double standard we have going on right now that if fat people are shamed, everybody looks away and brushes it off, but if skinny people are shamed, that's someone the most despicable thing anyone could do?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Adventures in Babysitting, when the main characters end up in a car right before it gets hot wired, the driver promises to drop them off somewhere after he drops off the car he stole... Why didn't he just drop them off first before going there? It's even pointed out by the bad guys (who give him a beating) that they now know where they are doing illegal business at and could tell the authorities. The only real explanation for his logic of bringing them to where he does illegal activities is that then the characters would be in less danger.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed the newest biggest double standard we have going on right now that if fat people are shamed, everybody looks away and brushes it off, but if skinny people are shamed, that's someone the most despicable thing anyone could do?
Because as we all know, all fat people are disgusting slobs who bring their condition on themselves, and all skinny people take wonderful care of their bodies. /sarcasm

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because as we all know, all fat people are disgusting slobs who bring their condition on themselves, and all skinny people take wonderful care of their bodies. /sarcasm
Yeah... but more over, the weird thing is we have a weird anomaly where society is either overly offended or not offended enough about things, and it gets into this whole weird health versus acceptance thing that's incredibly baffling.

On the one hand, there's this whole anti-airbrushing body acceptance thing that works up to a certain level of chubbiness where if anyone says anything, they're a complete monster... yet larger to really heavy people are still shamed, but in a weird passive aggressive "we're only worrying about your health" (but totally not) way. It's confusing. You have to be in the very exact middle of hyper thin and obese to not be seen as some sort of degenerate or sob story.

Say a girl who is kinda chubby to the point of just over having curves. She posts a picture of herself on something, a bunch of trolls fat shame her, the media picks it up, and she's a folk hero. Now, let's say the same girl is like really big, wearing something completely inappropriate for a very specific audience. The media picks that up, and now she's a disgusting monster that we feel sorry for because she's endangering her health, and drag her out as a "see what you're doing to yourselves" cautionary tale. They then, hypocritically, do the same for anorexia "victims" again making the middle sized person look like the perfect mix of folk hero and size shaming shaming.

In other words, they want it both ways and neither ways at the same time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I was at McDonald's for lunch today, and I happened to see something rather odd:

On the "Dollar and More" menu (or as it should more accurately be called, the, "We Want to Raise Prices on Everything and Stop Selling Stuff for a Dollar" Menu), I saw this:

McDouble: $1.19

M'kay?

Then, just below this, I saw:

Double Cheeseburger: $1.39

It's the exact same thing! That'd be like saying, "Yeah, you can get a McChicken for this price, or a chicken sandwich for another price."

What?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Common misconception.

A McDouble (which was originally a buck but rose the price 20 cents because stock excuse) has one piece of cheese sandwiched between the patties while a Double Cheeseburger has 2 pieces of cheese on top of each patty. Cheese is somehow 20 cents a slice. Of course, I've been to ones where they were a full buck fifty for that extra cheese. Frankly, it's negligible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cheese is...

What the...

And the...

Then the...

What?

What?

For real? You have got to be kidding me. Seriously? I swear that sounds like something they'd do on an episode of SEINFELD: George looks at the menu, sees that a McDouble is one price but a double cheeseburger is another. It's the same thing, isn't it? Kramer tells him that the difference is one piece of cheese that's 20 cents extra. George is gettin' upset!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Depending on the McDonalds, of course. Sometimes the extra piece of cheese costs 50 cents more. The whole point of a McDouble was streamlining so it could be just a dollar. Raising the price defeated that purpose.