Which Muppet Could Live In Sesame Street

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I've sometimes wondered what would have happened if some of TMS Muppets were introduced as characters on Sesame Street and vice versa. Imagine if Grover now suddenly joined The Muppet Show and Fozzie Bear moved to Sesame Street, it probably wouldn't make sense anymore but if we think back to the beginning, if these characters were introduced at the start of each show which ones do you think would have worked and which ones wouldn't?

My main example is always :confused::eek::frown::stick_out_tongue: I think Bunsen and Beaker would have been hysterical helping to teach kids with science and Beaker would probably have been one of the most popular characters on the show. Ernie and Bert would have made a great duo alongside Kermit, Miss Piggy,Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal etc... I wanted to see Bert and Ernie take Manhattan :stick_out_tongue::frown: and :confused::eek: flying in an aeroplane looking for Big Bird.

I don't think :wisdom: would have worked well participating alongside The Muppets, he's too sweet and humble to get caught up in The Muppets madness but on the other hand I think I might be completely mistaken. :mad: would probably not work well on Sesame Street, I could actually see kids hating her as I imagine they would not like the fact that she always talks down to others, imagine the things she'd say to :laugh:

I hope we can have some fun with this, are there any character you think would have worked well on the other show? feel free to include characters from Fraggle Rock or other Henson Shows. :fanatic::fanatic::fanatic:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well I just can not see Bunsen and Beaker on SS. This is because they would have to really tone down the violence, so it probably would not be as funny, though I think Bert and Ernie would work well with the TMS cast in fact I believe Jim was originally going to put them as recurring characters on TMS.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Well I just can not see Bunsen and Beaker on SS. This is because they would have to really tone down the violence, so it probably would not be as funny, though I think Bert and Ernie would work well with the TMS cast in fact I believe Jim was originally going to put them as recurring characters on TMS.
That's a really good point, Bunsen and Beaker without the violence isn't that funny, I'm glad we met them on TMS then :smile:

That's really interesting about Jim considering to add Bert and Ernie on TMS, I'd never heard of that before although as much as I love the idea imagine how difficult it would have been for us get TMS on DVD once Disney took over :search:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I think that Miss Piggy could move into Oscar the Grouch's trash can, then Oscar could move to TMS.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I still want to see that The Muppet Show/Sesame Street crossover episode! I mean, sure- the Sesame Street gang have guest starred on episodes of "The Muppet Show" (Connie Stevens, Leslie Uggams and Marty Feldman episodes)- but why not have The Muppet Show gang appear on Sesame Street?
Obviously, Kermit started out on Sesame Street and continually made appearances on both when the shows were both running at the same time. And Rowlf has made a few appearances on Sesame Street. And some random background and AMs have been used here and there, I believe.
Robin has made an appearance in The Sesame Street Dictionary (along with a picture of his uncle Kermit).
I think it'd be really fun to have Kermit take his friends from The Muppet Show cast on a tour of his home on Sesame Street and give them a chance to interact with the various Sesame Street characters. Some of The Muppet Show gags obviously wouldn't work on Sesame Street, but they could still do some characters just fine. (And don't forget- Sesame Street has a history of some rather scary and sometimes comic-violence gags.)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think that Miss Piggy could move into Oscar the Grouch's trash can, then Oscar could move to TMS.
Miss Piggy could never risk getting dirty, anyways Miss Piggy is a character that would just never work on SS, because of her attidude that would be a bad influence to the kids, in fact a ton of characters would never work on SS including the following
  • Sam the Eagle: Kids would not find him amusing.
  • Animal: Way too scary for a kid.
  • Statler and Waldorf: UH...NO.
  • Bunsen and Beaker: Oh the violence
  • J.P. Grose
  • Crazy Harry
  • Link Hogthrob
  • Lew Zealand
  • Marvin Suggs
  • Pepe the King Prawn
  • Big Mean Carl
Most of the other muppets if they did appear on SS would be toned down.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Other than maybe Fozzie not a lot of them really....maybe Robin, or Scooter.