The Muppet Central Book Club

Muppet Master

Reaction score
What happened? Is no one going to discuss Jim Henson:The Biography? I guess the book club is in a rut.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Ugh! Sorry if I haven't discussed about Jim's biography, but I finished the prologue and the first chapter.

The prologue was very interesting, but the first chapter... good grief! There was too much information about Jim's parents with six pages out of eight. I will get to chapter two sometime this week. I been busy and life always gets in the way.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hey, Dwayne, if you're reading this: are you supposed to be the first to express your opinion on the book, or do we just go ahead and jump right in with or opinions?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Hello, is anybody going to share there opinions? What happened to the book club? Are there any rules for what chapter to discuss or anything?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
**Welcome Back to the Muppet Central Book Club**
Ok I am not trying to make another "muppet central book club presidant voting", because Dwayne, because of work and life, can not post here as often which leads the book club in a state of collapse, so he appointed me as presidant, for now. Okay, so we will start the book club today August 24, 2014, and share your thoughts right now on the spot about the prolouge and chapter one, so here is the discussion line up. We will discuss the prolouge and the first chapter for one week until August 31, 2014, and we will then discuss about the rest of the chapters and so on and so forth.

1. August 24, 2014 - Prolouge: Blue Sky 1973
  2. August 24, 2014 - Chapter One: The Delta 1936-1949
DISCUSSION END DATE: August 31, 2014

So, have fun guys and start the discussion, and I might also post some triva, and maybe I can get Brian Jay Jones himself to say a few words.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
**Welcome Back to the Muppet Central Book Club**
Ok I am not trying to make another "muppet central book club presidant voting", because Dwayne, because of work and life, can not post here as often which leads the book club in a state of collapse, so he appointed me as presidant, for now. Okay, so we will start the book club today August 24, 2014, and share your thoughts right now on the spot about the prolouge and chapter one, so here is the discussion line up. We will discuss the prolouge and the first chapter for one week until August 31, 2014, and we will then discuss about the rest of the chapters and so on and so forth.

1. August 24, 2014 - Prolouge: Blue Sky 1973
  2. August 24, 2014 - Chapter One: The Delta 1936-1949
DISCUSSION END DATE: August 31, 2014

So, have fun guys and start the discussion, and I might also post some triva, and maybe I can get Brian Jay Jones himself to say a few words.
Uhh... I didn't read the first chapter yet. Is it okay if we just do the prologue?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Uhh... I didn't read the first chapter yet. Is it okay if we just do the prologue?
You have a week, I guess, to read the 20 pages of chapter one, if you can read it, but you do not have to discuss everything.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Guess what time it is.

Here is the question for today.

In The Prologue what was the name of Jim Henson's child costar?

A) Hilda
B) Joey
C) Sally
D) Annie

The first one to answer wins...nothing.