Bert has a screaming meltdown and bangs his head

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
I have read about this scene -- it's the "post-roll" ending of the Ernie & Bert skit, "the world's greatest counter of numbers." I just did a cursory web search and couldn't find it -- no big surprise, I guess.

So what was the deal with this? Did this ever air? I really want to see it! I note the skit is in one of the shows on Old School Volume 1 (#131 IIRC) but fades out before the really good stuff!

Psssst...hey buddy! Can anyone help me out here? (I guess you're supposed to say that to me!)

(EDIT: Found it! Kinda.)

Last edited:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I have read about this scene -- it's the "post-roll" ending of the Ernie & Bert skit, "the world's greatest counter of numbers." I just did a cursory web search and couldn't find it -- no big surprise, I guess.

So what was the deal with this? Did this ever air? I really want to see it! I note the skit is in one of the shows on Old School Volume 1 (#131 IIRC) but fades out before the really good stuff!

Psssst...hey buddy! Can anyone help me out here? (I guess you're supposed to say that to me!)

(EDIT: Found it! Kinda.)

Wow!!!! I bet this was a one-time-showing deal... Bert is banging his head and screaming all over the place... If I ever saw this as a child, I would say, " They replaced Bert with a new one!" then run out of the room, screaming, terrified of Bert banging his head... This is weird.

wiley207

Reaction score
I seem to recall hearing somewhere that would often be cut because they were worried kids would imitate Bert's head-banging. But then along came Don Music...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was around when this skit was brand new. And for at least ten years they showed the uncensored ending and nobody gave it a second thought. But with today's sensitivities such a scene would be too extreme. It freaked me out a little when I was younger, but now it seems cool just to see how far Jim and Frank would push things.