Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea God was saying to himself "when will i ever get my own Muppet Show to watch?" He's told everyone whos up there everytime they arrived "Finally! I get to watch the Muppet Show/Sesame Street without being a creepy old guy staring through a window." Thanks for all the memories Jerry, Richard, Juhl, Jim and Jane!!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson impacted me right from the start when I was less than four years old when he performed my favorite character on Sesame Street, The Count. Later on I loved watching him as the hip Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Lew Zealand and Crazy Harry and many others on The Muppet Show and the muppet films from the original TMM and even when he was ill in TM'11 as the announcer. After hearing about his death two years ago, it was quite sad, and he is still missed. RIP :frown:. Now here is my all time favorite Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Lew Zealand moments.

My favorite Lew Zealand moment is in the TMS episode of his first appearance at the end of "The Wedding Sketch".

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I watched MMW again(!!!) last night and heard Jerry's voiceover which was an absolutely lovely gesture on Disney's part.

Whilst I still mourn, and argue that no-one will ever match the original talents that created our beloved characters, we are very lucky to have a bunch of guys carry on the legacy of them with the love and passion they share with the fans.

Rest in peace Jerry Nelson, you will not be forgotten.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Wow...2 years ago already...RIP Jerry! Not even your most famous character can keep track of every single person who loves and misses you dearly!

On another note, please check out my YouTube channel (classicssmfan) for a few goodies that I'll be honoring Jerry Nelson with.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here's what I put on Facebook: It was 2 years ago today that Muppeteer Jerry Nelson passed away. Jerry played lots of wonderful characters like the Count von Count, The Amazing Mumford, Herry Monster, Mr. Johnson, Floyd Pepper, Robin the Frog, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and Gobo Fraggle. To celebrate him, here is the episode Sesame Street did as a tribute to him. Here's the cast: Marty Robinson as Telly, Leslie Carrara as Sigrid and Abby Cadabby, Eric Jacobson as Lars and Grover, Kevin Clash as Elmo, David Rudman as Cookie Monster, Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, Carmen Osbahr as Rosita, Jerry Nelson (archived audio) as the Count, Alan Muraoka as Alan, Sonia Manzano as Maria, Chris Knowings as Chris, Nitya Vidyasagar as Leela, Roscoe Orman as Gordon, Alison Bartlett as Gina, Bob McGrath as Bob, and Emilio Delgado as Luis. Bert and Ernie, Baby Bear, Oscar the Grouch, the Two-Headed Monster, and Zoe also appear. http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/9c57ade5-3af3-4953-9c52-63e02a19a873

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Here's what I put on Facebook: It was 2 years ago today that Muppeteer Jerry Nelson passed away. Jerry played lots of wonderful characters like the Count von Count, The Amazing Mumford, Herry Monster, Mr. Johnson, Floyd Pepper, Robin the Frog, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and Gobo Fraggle. To celebrate him, here is the episode Sesame Street did as a tribute to him. Here's the cast: Marty Robinson as Telly, Leslie Carrara as Sigrid and Abby Cadabby, Eric Jacobson as Lars and Grover, Kevin Clash as Elmo, David Rudman as Cookie Monster, Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, Carmen Osbahr as Rosita, Jerry Nelson (archived audio) as the Count, Alan Muraoka as Alan, Sonia Manzano as Maria, Chris Knowings as Chris, Nitya Vidyasagar as Leela, Roscoe Orman as Gordon, Alison Bartlett as Gina, Bob McGrath as Bob, and Emilio Delgado as Luis. Bert and Ernie, Baby Bear, Oscar the Grouch, the Two-Headed Monster, and Zoe also appear. http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/9c57ade5-3af3-4953-9c52-63e02a19a873
Whoa, OK, did you really feel the need to list all the performers and actors in the episode?