SpongeBob SquarePants

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And Slash.

"Because, why not" is literally the only joke I can make about him.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I will say, the cgi is really good, especially on the robot krabs. When I first saw the screenshot, I honestly thought they were physical statues to promote the film :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will say, the cgi is really good, especially on the robot krabs. When I first saw the screenshot, I honestly thought they were physical statues to promote the film :embarrassed:
Just like what Galgar said, this movie doesn't need to make Spongebob look like what he'd look like if he was real. They basically took the characters and made them CGI versions of themselves and it looks completely believable and natural. No one's gained inexplicable blue or brown irises in their eyes... because we can believe there's a talking cat that eats human food without getting the runs or dying/race of medieval blue elves running around in New York city, but eyes that just have pupils like they're cartoons?!

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
[face palm]

You may not like those Disney shows, but let me tell you something... Disney finally started respecting their TV animation division again after Phineas and Ferb, and I'm forever grateful for that. Only lousy cartoon Disney has done recently is Fish Hooks, but it doesn't have a measurable fanbase, and is easily ignored. I remember back when they had Emperor's New School and The Replacements and they couldn't wait to get rid of them both because they weren't Hanna Montana.

Their live action programming is still utter and complete interchangeable garbage (Dog with a Blog? Seriously), but they've made strides in TV animation after everyone was about to write them off for it.
I was just expressing my opinion. You seemed to respect it, but it seemed you went on about Disney Animated Shows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The more I look at the Super Spongebob characters, the more I hope they have an action figure line. Even if the movie sucked, I need those figures.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
This show is absolutely annoying! I just never got it..

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, the newer episodes I've seen are missing something that made Spongebob special and wacky in the first place. The live action medium blending featuring the voice actors.

I forget which episode I've seen, but there was one with a sun and a moon, one was Dee Bradley Baker's face, one was Roger Bumpasses (I think). It's crazy crap like that what got me into the show to begin with. The episode where someone mentions well toned arms and thighs with a random cut away of a Swedish guy going "Ja! Arms und Thighs!" Medium blending is my favorite thing in modern cartoons (I'm a HUGE Gumball fan for that reason), and it's a shame that they just stopped doing wacky stuff like that.

I also have to mention that I've seen One Coarse Meal, and it's been so hyped up that it was actually disappointing. I thought Plankton's suicidal tendencies would have been a little more...well..shocking than what they had. Still, it feels like a wasted opportunity for Spongebob to call out Mr. Krabs and have Krabs respond by listing all the horrible things Plankton actually did. The episode I can never watch again, however, is that one where Patrick keeps screwing around with the rare Mermaid Man card. I know it's fictional, but I get very squeamish around the "destroy valuable collectibles" gag. I almost fainted when Frank tossed a Skeletor figure in a deep fryer on that episode of 30 Rock.:embarrassed:

C to the J

Reaction score
After more than 10 years on the air, you'd think they'd throw in new recurring characters. Or at least bring in animals new to the show. I believe they already had a killer whale, a sea lion, a dolphin, sea urchins, and whelks, but there are plenty of sea creatures yet to be used, like sea turtles, cuttlefish, sea otters, narwhals, swordfish (the living kind), hammerhead sharks (I think), horseshoe crabs, and leafy/weedy sea dragons (off Australia's coast).

Drtooth

Reaction score
On that subject... Finally, by way of Fisher Price's Imaginenext Line, we finally see Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy figures for the mainstream market. There were very hard to find collector's figures of the character (also fairly recent), but this is the first one targeted directly to the younger market.

Now, while I agree that in 15 years they should have some new recurring characters, why did it take that long for MM&BB merchandising? Spongebob is a merchandise cash cow, and quite a bunch of second string characters have had Kid's Meal toys at least. But to have all these Spongebob toylines without his favorite superheroes is like a Simpsons Toy line without Krusty or Itchy and Scratchy... (that said, There's rarely any Radioactiveman stuff in the Simpsons years of merchandising either).