The official ALS Ice Bucket Challenge thread

Slackbot

Reaction score
I did do a thing with Uncle Traveling Matt, but that wasn't with an actual puppet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to do this with one of my Fraggle puppets, but after you wet ostrich feathers they don't just dry out nice and fluffy as before. I would have to re-fluff them, which would be nigh impossible with the hair on a puppet. So, no.
Yeah, but you forgot the opening of the series...

Right near the end. Didn't bother them before.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Has it not occurred to you that they may have special "wet puppets"? Or possibly they swap out the hair, if that's the only issue.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, they probably had lots of swappable hair back then when that was the case they probably don't have now. The show was in production and they had them in the water quite a bit... looked freaking hilariously when they did... probably something they don't have as easy access to now.

Slackbot

Reaction score
A lot of the background Fraggles were "whatnots," with detachable hair so they could be changed around. If you are familiar enough with the characters, you can spot many familiar faces among the Ancient Fraggles in Mokey, Then and Now despite everybody being bald.

So, back to the topic, it'd be fun to do the ice bucket thing with a Fraggle, but I'm not going to for fear it'd ruin the puppet.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wonder if any more muppets will do the ice bucket challenge, I would love to see Animal's reaction.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I hope everyone will watch this one video. You'll laugh, you'll cry. I mean it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, back to the topic, it'd be fun to do the ice bucket thing with a Fraggle, but I'm not going to for fear it'd ruin the puppet.
Plus, they'd have to be nominated, and Henson would have to have one of those Fraggle Puppeteers on call.

But it would be great to have the Muppet trifecta.

It's a shame that they aren't making any more "Doof's Daily Dirt" web shorts anymore. I'd LOVE to see Dr. Doofenshmirtz take it, albiet Flash animated.

Or heck, just get Dan Povenmire to do it in character. Even better.