Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends 10th anniversary

Did you watch the show?

• Total voters

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I can not believe this show is over ten years old, I love the idea of the show, wish it had a little more episodes for season 6, but I love this show. What is your opinion on Foster's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah, MLP:FIM without the rabid fanbase and venomous haters.

And I totally don't buy the whole "Frankie's actually an Imaginary Friend" theory. Especially since my counter theory, that Madam Foster is Frankie's imaginary friend, replacing her long dead grandmother with a childish old woman version of her makes more sense.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ah, MLP:FIM without the rabid fanbase and venomous haters.

And I totally don't buy the whole "Frankie's actually an Imaginary Friend" theory. Especially since my counter theory, that Madam Foster is Frankie's imaginary friend, replacing her long dead grandmother with a childish old woman version of her makes more sense.
Interesting theory. I wonder if it was intentional.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Then of course, I also have a theory that Vicky from Fairly Oddparents is actually Franky's evil twin from another dimension, albeit younger, owned by another network, and in a world of FAIRY!!! GOD!! PARENTS!!! instead of imaginary friends.

Come on...

Spiky poinytailed red head with similar colors of clothing both voiced by Grey Delisle? One is nurturing, the exact polar opposite. Someone's got to have pointed that out before. Yeah... I know age difference, but, well...

Also, I'm shocked to think that no one else has realized how terrifying and horrible the world of Fosters Home has to be. Anything that can be imagined can come to life. And it isn't just kids that can imagine things. In the wrong hands, imagine what that power could do. Like how the teens create Extreme-o-Saurs to battle in junk yards? Shudder... think of those implications.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
(Bump) Since their 10 anniversary seem like Cartoon Network didn't seem to care, I was hoping for a one-shot little short. Oh well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The show still airs on Boomerang. That should count for something.

I don't think CN cares much for any non-PPG based Cartoon Cartoon, as that was the one that was the merchandising juggernaut of the group. At least we got that great one shot IDW comic. Seems there will be more short Fosters IDW comics in the future, but mostly as backups.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The show still airs on Boomerang. That should count for something.
Yeah but, it's been airing since 2012

I don't think CN cares much for any non-PPG based Cartoon Cartoon, as that was the one that was the merchandising juggernaut of the group. At least we got that great one shot IDW comic. Seems there will be more short Fosters IDW comics in the future, but mostly as backups.
Yeah at least it something

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Also, I'm shocked to think that no one else has realized how terrifying and horrible the world of Fosters Home has to be. Anything that can be imagined can come to life. And it isn't just kids that can imagine things. In the wrong hands, imagine what that power could do. Like how the teens create Extreme-o-Saurs to battle in junk yards? Shudder... think of those implications.
OMG, I never thought of that *shudders* that totally ruins my childhood in more ways than one. Think about it, you could have people come up with cute cuddly things like this:

or TERRIFYING nightmare creatures like this:

Anyway, let me talk about the impact Foster's had on my childhood:

I first saw the show when I was 6 and I became a fan ever since. I owned action figures of Wilt, Bloo, and Coco. I also created my own series of fanfictions called Foster's Home for Neopets, set in an alternate dimension which Madame Foster takes of Neopets characters. But sadly those fanfics got deleted, :frown:. My favorite characters were Bloo, Cheese, Goo, Eduardo, Jackie Khones, and Creaky Pete. I'll still sometimes watch the show and I will always remember it as a childhood gem, :stick_out_tongue:.