Uncle Traveling Matt and the Ice Bucket Challenge

Slackbot

Reaction score

Dear Nephew Gobo,

Today I have learned about a strange custom of the Silly Creatures. They dump buckets of ice water on themselves to cure disease in others. I'm not sure how it works, but one of them requested I join in, and your Uncle Matt is never one to back down from a challen--

WAUUUGH! That was COLD! I'm soaked, and it's hard to write on a wet postcard. Still, If this can somehow cure someone else, it's worth it.

Love,
Your Uncle Traveling Matt.

P.S. I am supposed to tag three others to participate in this ritual. Well then, I challenge The Count, Phraggle, and CharlieTheOwl.

The Ice Bucket Challenge is a benefit for the ALS Association, a national non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehring's Disease. Those who choose to play by the rules of the challenge can, if tagged, dump a bucket of ice water on their heads, post a video, challenge three others, and donate $10 to ALSA, or skip the ice bucket thing and donate $100. And then there are those like me who weren't tagged and donate anyway, then do a goofy cartoon to spread the word.

Last edited:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Glad to see Uncle Matt is helping out with a good cause! Thanks for posting this and tagging me.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Finally, there is a Fraggle Rock fan-fic, but it is a one-shot instead. If it is Uncle Matt's postcard, then I absolutely love it.

I would love to see more of Uncle Matt's postcards like this.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Somewhere near the Dark Lagoon, you can hear a voice laughing... "Thirty-two buckets of ice!" The bucket is filled and dumped on him again by the Undersea Gal. "Thirty-three buckets of ice dumped on me!"
Tune back in later folks, this could go on all day. *Bwah-bwah-bwah-bwah-bwaaaaaaaah.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Glad to see Uncle Matt is helping out with a good cause! Thanks for posting this and tagging me.
No problem. Have fun with the icewater, if you choose to accept Matt's challenge.
Oh my gosh! Finally, there is a Fraggle Rock fan-fic, but it is a one-shot instead. If it is Uncle Matt's postcard, then I absolutely love it.

I would love to see more of Uncle Matt's postcards like this.
I've done others. One was about standing in line at Dragon*Con, and the other was about finding huge Doozer constructions in a local mall.
*Somewhere near the Dark Lagoon, you can hear a voice laughing... "Thirty-two buckets of ice!" The bucket is filled and dumped on him again by the Undersea Gal. "Thirty-three buckets of ice dumped on me!"
Tune back in later folks, this could go on all day. *Bwah-bwah-bwah-bwah-bwaaaaaaaah.
*chuckles* I should have guessed the Count would make a day of it. I hope vampired don't catch colds.

Auburn Red

Reaction score
That was cute. I can so see this in an episode. It's nice to see Uncle Traveling Matt rolling up his sleeves and pitching in. :big_grin:
Oh my gosh! Finally, there is a Fraggle Rock fan-fic,
My fanfic is a Fraggle Rock one albeit mostly about Doc, the British Lighthouse Keepers, P.K., B.J. and their Sprockets. It kind of got lost in the shuffle but here is the link for it if you want to read it and it is longer than your average one shot (I may do a couple of more). Enjoy if you are so interested. :big_grin:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...the-magic-fraggle-rock-us-uk-crossover.58257/

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, Kim! I will check these posts out sometime today.
If it's more Fraggle fic you're looking for, check out the fic index. I've written quite a lot of Fraggle fic, ranging from short-short stories to 30-chapter serials to mock episodes of the animated series.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Nice, fan fic!
I'm hoping for a Fraggle to do the Ice Bucket Challenge like Kermit and Cookie Monster.