Weirdest Sesame Street Moment

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh. That was exactly like the one they banned. Can't believe they did that one twice.

Anyway, this one shouldn't count, but...

I told this one before, but there was this one time Sesame Street was on in the background, I wasn't really watching it, but I wasn't not watching it, and Elmo's World was on. Right as he did the e-mail bit, he started doing that laugh of his, and he kept on laughing over and over. My back was turned to the TV, so I wasn't paying attention. A minute later, I realized, hey... Elmo's laughing a long time... I turn around only to find the local feed glitched out, the screen was frozen, and Elmo's laugh was on a loop at this point.

It took me a whole minute to notice that something was wrong!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Heh. That was exactly like the one they banned. Can't believe they did that one twice.

I told this one before, but there was this one time Sesame Street was on in the background, I wasn't really watching it, but I wasn't not watching it, and Elmo's World was on. Right as he did the e-mail bit, he started doing that laugh of his, and he kept on laughing over and over. My back was turned to the TV, so I wasn't paying attention. A minute later, I realized, hey... Elmo's laughing a long time... I turn around only to find the local feed glitched out, the screen was frozen, and Elmo's laugh was on a loop at this point.

I think I heard someone saying this in some other thread.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That was me. I don't think anyone else watched that exact broadcast. It was all the way back when they still aired the thing at 5 or 6 PM on channel 44 (we have 2 PBS channels here).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

As long as it didn't become a bad influence on viewers like the banned clip did, it was probably OK to do it a second time.

Regarding the little incident with your TV, and having to hear Elmo laugh like that for a minute...
That would have scared the living daylights out of me!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering how this is Elmo and his empire was built on a doll that laughs when you poke him, not to mention how much of Elmo's World is him running around with wacky furniture, it seemed too normal for me to realize something was up. I just never heard him laugh for a full minute non-stop before.

I bet you could just have a still frame of Elmo and looping laughter and kids would still watch the darn thing like nothing was wrong, though.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Anyone ever see that "alternate" version of that weird scanimate video with those weird sounds, and that odd animation about the number 10?