Weirdest Sesame Street Moment

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
For me the weirdest Sesame Street moment was the original Mahna Mahna. The main character may be the single ugliest muppet I've ever seen. He gave me the creeps when I was little

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
For me the weirdest Sesame Street moment was the original Mahna Mahna. The main character may be the single ugliest muppet I've ever seen. He gave me the creeps when I was little

That is a pretty weird moment... I think that's my most weirdest moment.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's a pretty tame moment, if you ask me. It's not even half as wild as the more famous, more funny Muppet Show version at any rate.

No the weirdest moments come from wild animation that feels completely out of place. That bit about the kids being chased by the giant, ugly rabbit. Now, that's not only weird... it's kinda creepy for an American kid's show. If it was a lost segment, I'd swear it was a creepypasta by that description. And there's no educational content, making it even weirder since it somehow, illogically, got past the filter of irrelevant, noneducational animated segments. Even the creepy bird thing taught kids how to read "bird."

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
That's a pretty tame moment, if you ask me. It's not even half as wild as the more famous, more funny Muppet Show version at any rate.

No the weirdest moments come from wild animation that feels completely out of place. That bit about the kids being chased by the giant, ugly rabbit. Now, that's not only weird... it's kinda creepy for an American kid's show. If it was a lost segment, I'd swear it was a creepypasta by that description. And there's no educational content, making it even weirder since it somehow, illogically, got past the filter of irrelevant, noneducational animated segments. Even the creepy bird thing taught kids how to read "bird."
Well.. the Mahna Mahna bit scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. The Muppet Show " Mahna Mahna" is less creepier. This version has a creepy feel to it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Not even the Crack Master was as bad as that! :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Crack Master was something we've heard about forever, and once the mystery was gone, it wasn't half as creepy as it was made out to be. Then again, it was a genuinely enjoyable segment. The kids and the rabbit just comes out of no where, has no point, and manages to be jump- scary.

tutter_fan

Reaction score

Enough said!
You got that right! I ran for my life the first time I saw that. The "Count of 4" (something similar to this, but with no face) Scanimate Video I've seen on YT isn't scary at all. The count of 10 is a video I'm used to now, but MAN that was so scary the first time I saw it.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's something that gets less weird the older you get and the more Jim Henson non-Muppet projects you wind up seeing. I never really got those nobody bits, I can't remember if they kinda creeped me out or just felt obnoxious for some reason. But then you see what Jim was doing with stuff like that, and it seems strange for any other kid's show, but this one.