The Steven Universe thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
With Steven Universe and Clarence, it's refreshing to see kids who you can actually believe are kids. it took the Nick TMNT series for the TMNT to actually come off as teenagers to me. Always felt like they were in their mid-20's for some reason. Cartoonists really have a better hold of how kids really act now more than ever.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, Nicki Minaj is going to be voicing a guest character in an upcoming episode. I hope she can voice-act better than she can sing.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
So, Nicki Minaj is going to be voicing a guest character in an upcoming episode. I hope she can voice-act better than she can sing.
I've already seem the episode. All I can say is that Minaj is fantastic, a mutha******' MONSTA! >:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hope the recent addition to the weeknight schedule isn't just to burn off withheld episodes. There is no way Teen Titans Go needs the full half hour. I mean, they have Gumball and Clarence share the same half hour. Sucks they can't fit Steven Universe or Uncle Grandpa into their weeknights.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as they don't pull a Nickelodeon and run only the last episode of the season/series and then hold the rest of the last season hostage forever. That's what they did to T.U.F.F. Puppy, anyway.

Anyone actually able to find the first issue of KaBoom's Steven Universe series?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Too late to edit this.

The episodes they're running weeknights, until Thursday, are reruns of the already small amount of episodes they have already. And even then, it's one 15 minute episode that's new. Even Uncle Grandpa has a full half hour.

So, I don't know if I'd make of this as a good thing for not dumping new episodes, or a bad thing by tiring out older episodes. Hopefully, they'll do something with the weeknight line up that adds SU and UG to the TTG, AWG, Clarence, AT, RS line up.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Will have to wait till Thursday to confirm the full lineup, but based on how they're announcing their "New Thursdays!" block, it smells like this to me.
Teen Titans Go!, new episode 6 PM, repeat 6: 15 PM.
Steven Universe, new 6:30 PM, repeat 6:45 PM.
Clarence, new 7 PM, repeat 7:15 PM.
Uncle Grandpa, new 7:30 PM, repeat 7:45 PM.

What baffles me to this point is... Why "New Thursdays!"? when it was just as effective on Mondays, or if you reeeeheeelly have to change it, not Fridays instead?

And all they're missing is another hit fifteen-minute show to really and truly make maximum efficiency of their weeknight lineup... Teen Titans Go!, Steven Universe, Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Awesome World of Gumball, that's almost the entire two hours with one episode each right there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Will have to wait till Thursday to confirm the full lineup, but based on how they're announcing their "New Thursdays!" block, it smells like this to me.
Teen Titans Go!, new episode 6 PM, repeat 6: 15 PM.
Steven Universe, new 6:30 PM, repeat 6:45 PM.
Clarence, new 7 PM, repeat 7:15 PM.
Uncle Grandpa, new 7:30 PM, repeat 7:45 PM.
That seems only temporary. Adventure Time and Regular Show are in midseason break, and I'm sure there's going to be some new series come fall that will fill out other time slots. If only they expanded their line up to 5:00 Pm, or varied the line up daily like they used to. I really dislike AS's King of the Hill hour intruding on CN's other shows. Something tells me that's just to appease the parental groups who whined about AS sneaking into prime time. It's not that they would put ATHF or Rick and Morty in that place anyway. I'm still baffled by that decision.