UK "Muppets Most Wanted" BluRay Disappointment!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised, even though there's no extra money or much effort involved in adding those features for international release.

Disney may have done a good job here marketing the film, but they completely screwed the crap up internationally. The international gross pretty much saved every film this year, Spider-Man 2 made back its budget before it was even released in the US. If the US box office was such a disappointment, why not aggressively market the thing overseas? It was profitable, but it could have gotten a little more if they weren't so defeatist about it.

So yeah, why not sabotage their international DVD sales too?

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised, even though there's no extra money or much effort involved in adding those features for international release.

Disney may have done a good job here marketing the film, but they completely screwed the crap up internationally. The international gross pretty much saved every film this year, Spider-Man 2 made back its budget before it was even released in the US. If the US box office was such a disappointment, why not aggressively market the thing overseas? It was profitable, but it could have gotten a little more if they weren't so defeatist about it.

So yeah, why not sabotage their international DVD sales too?
Yeah Disney hardly marketed the film in the UK . There was a few subway ads every know and then and I saw like one TV spot. And the only poster/billboard I saw for it was in the theatre. And I've seen nothing to advertise the DVD and Blu ray release no print or TV adverts, Nothing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah Disney hardly marketed the film in the UK . There was a few subway ads every know and then and I saw like one TV spot. And the only poster/billboard I saw for it was in the theatre. And I've seen nothing to advertise the DVD and Blu ray release no print or TV adverts, Nothing.
Which is baffling. They have no problem whining about how "disappointing" the box office take in the US was, but they did little to nothing to prop the film up with international box office. Made even more maddening by the fact that the whole European caper routine was made with the European movie goers in mind. They can't help what happened in the US, but the failure to make a success overseas, especially when every movie released that month made its money that way... even Need for Speed...:eek: that's all them. Their defeatist attitude caused the movie to not do well internationally, and it's nice to see they're keeping something like that up to prevent it from being a hit on home video as well.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Yep, there's been a lot less marketing for this film. But there was a big cardboard cutout promoting the DVD and Blu-ray in my local Morrisons.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Yep, there's been a lot less marketing for this film. But there was a big cardboard cutout promoting the DVD and Blu-ray in my local Morrisons.
That sounds cool, there was a separate stand for it in my local Tesco. But I would have at least expected a TV ad for it.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
But the UK Blu-ray does have the following which isn't on the US Blu-ray (I already own the US Blu-ray, but I want to get the UK one just for the extra bonuses!):

• Mickey Short "No Service"
  • On Set with Walter
  • Inside The Gulag
I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if "Inside The Gulag" might be this:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
UK Folks (and people from Scotland), just so you know the US disk is region free and works in the UK without any problems. The extended edition is well worth the money and has some totally brilliant additions to an already great film!