Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Lip's voice is too mixed in with Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Animal, and Zoot's voices! Meanwhile, the MMW Blu-Ray has climbed up to #41 :smile:! The DVD has climbed up to #65. As I read some other threads for TMS Season 3, and it making #5, this doesn't seem like anything, but now I remember that it wasn't available for pre-order until last night, so WOW, this IS doing good. Hopefully we can crack the top 20 soon :smile:!

AKaun6899

Reaction score
Just finished watching the extended cut. I was glad that the full songs were in it, even though Interrogation replaces the mystery interpreter with Beaker. I liked that "Bear left, Right Frog" reference.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think the Stalar and Waldorf cut was kind of a rip off. I mean I get the joke, but it still felt like a rip off.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I actually bought it at like 1 AM the night it came out, no doubt I was the first to buy it at that Wal- Mart since they didn't stock it yet and I had to ask a lady whom works there to dig it out for me,:smile:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I'm watching the DVD right now.....which is probably why I'm so giddy and happy right now! :big_grin:

As for the Extended Cut, I'm going to wait until the prices have gone down before I import it from the US.....Pfft, 50 bucks just for a Blu ray. You've got to be kidding me!

Slackbot

Reaction score
It seems that it's pretty thin on the extras. Last time we had all kinds of nifty stuff in the extras menu, plus Easter eggs and the thing that let the Muppets take over when you paused. This time we got Rizzo's fan, the S&W cut, a so-called "blooper" reel, a song video, and...was there anything else? Not much love went into this release. But on the other hand, the movie itself is what I bought it for, and the extra footage is candy.

I didn't have time to watch it all last night, so I can't comment on much. I did watch the Interrogation Song, that being one of my favorite bits from the movie, and...wow. Love the extra lines and the translation gag. On the other hand, the Gonzo verse made me flinch. The voicing was spot-on, but I have to wonder if that was Goelz under the puppet. It sure didn't seem to be. All the body language was off, and the way he acted, Camilla might as well have been a pet. Also, I hate the mouth on that puppet. It makes him look like he's had a stroke.

On the subject of blooper reels, I feel gypped when most of the "bloopers" are not bloopers. A "blooper" is a mistake. Ricky Gervais bursting out laughing is a blooper. Characters chatting for the camera is not. And I miss the good old days when Muppet bloopers often involved the puppeteers, a hand or a head coming into view, or even the puppeteers letting the puppets fall. *sigh*

Griping aside, I'm happy I got the movie, and happy that I now have a HD TV so I can see every glittery fiber of Antron fleece. I was annoyed by Amazon's shenanigans, and by the time they did make it available on their site I thought "Well, the price at Target is just the same, and I can walk there during my lunch break and have it in my hand right then, or I can save the tax and buy from Amazon, then wait for them to pack it in the inevitable slew, and then wait for the shipping. What's the question again?" And it turned out I had a long-forgotten Target gift card in my wallet, so I ended up paying just over three dollars.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I love how in the blooper reel Kermit says: "This never happened on Sesame Street"
I didn't see the blooper reel or the extended cut, but one of my favorite parts of the movie is when Constantine wants to be more like Kermit, and they show old Muppets and Sesame Street clips.

Slackbot

Reaction score
At the moment the Unnecessarily Extended Cut is the #1 best seller in kids & family blu-ray discs on Amazon. It's #6 in the corresponding DVD category. Hmm...lot of Robin Williams flicks on those lists.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
At the moment the Unnecessarily Extended Cut is the #1 best seller in kids & family blu-ray discs on Amazon. It's #6 in the corresponding DVD category. Hmm...lot of Robin Williams flicks on those lists.
Everybody's paying their respects to him.. Glad to see that.