Remembering Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I've posted "rip" on a lot of threads with people who've died, but this time I actually know the person so I can write more. I remember Robin fondly as "Fender" in the 2005 movie "Robots", in "Dead Poet Society", and in the two "night at the museum" movies as Teddy Rosevelt. This is sad news. Though he still has three films that will be released posthumonusly (one of them includes night at the museum 3). So, RIP Robin. :sympathy:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'll really miss him very much. So long Robin.....i'll surely everything that made you who you are but glad to know that i can always go back and watch all the interviews, movies and stand ups you did. Thanks very much Robin. Peace.

I wanted to say me and the guys i work with were saying what if Paul at the Pearly White Gates would say..."Nanu Nanu."

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I apologize if I did not make it clear of how I know Robin Williams, but I got to known his voice which was the Genie from Aladdin.
We lost a great comedian, so let's think about the good times instead of the bad times.
BTW, The song "Friend Like Me" was one of my favorite songs from Disney's Aladdin.

lol i forgot about his performance on this song, but i don't think this is completely as popular as "Friend Like Me" song, but still has Mr. Williams.

He was my favorite to watch and laugh, but he will be deeply missed.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Robin Williams was a remarkable man who brought laughter to many and he will be missed. This beautiful drawing from artist David Kawena says it all:

After the tragic events of yesterday, I felt it important to post this cute little bit from Labyrinth. Control in life is an illusion. So is the idea that we are ever painted into a corner we can't get out of. Once we let go of those perceptions, we can better see all the options ahead of us. Exploration of these opportunities is what brings energy to life and that's what makes it worth living. Depression is a serious matter. People often misunderstand it. Depression not rooted in simply having a bad day or just feeling a little low sometimes. Coping with it requires an ongoing daily effort to reconnect with ourselves and our friends and a world that's much larger than any one of us, but could be better for us.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Rest in Peace, Robin, You made millions laugh, and you will be remembered. :jim: will be in heaven too, you're in good company.