Remembering Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
At a moment like this, I'm truly reminded of just how strong the power of a smile and making others laugh can be. I've probably said this elsewheres on the forum, and if not, well, it bears repeating... Robin Williams has always been and now always will be my #1 favorite top comedian of all times. His cinematic ouevre is as diverse as any other top actor you could name, running the gammet from animated to live-action, from comedic to dramatic. The world will be a little sadder, the rain a little colder, the deathbells tolling mourning the loss of such a grand entertainer who brought a smile to almost everyone he met.

Rest in peace and thank you for everything Robin. :cry:

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Rest in peace, Mr. Williams. I still can't believe that you have left us. :cry:

Here's one piece we typically don't remember Robin for, but we should:

zns

Reaction score
One of the finest comedians of our time. May he always be remembered for his wicked and outrageous sense of humor.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This news stinks. He was a really good actor in a variety of roles, and he could carry a movie all by himself. He did an incredible job in Jack playing a role that was extremely challenging.

I wish his family and friends comfort in their time of need.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the films that touched me...

The Best of Times, The Worst of Times: an underrated story of attempting to seek redemption for losing his college football team's big game twenty years ago.
Bicentennial Man, Patch Adams, What Dreams May Come: all made me cry for personal reasons at different parts of each movie.
Toys: another great film that seems to have been forgotten because it doesn't get that much airtime these years.
His SNL episode where he had two great sketches: the first showing off the home movie he made of Victoria Jackson playing his wife giving birth; and then the one where he's an older version of himself receiving Dana Carvey playing his stand-up inheriting grandson. "Cover, discover!"
His stand-up special where he talked about microwaving gerbils in a pseudoparody of PBS-type derivative kid shows.

And of course... The episode of Mork & Mindy where he played himself being interviewed by Mork, and the stirring eulogical post-episode message delivered to Orson. To think that now we have to include his own name in that spiel... :sigh:

lady piggy

Reaction score
I just found out a moment ago.Awwww this is definitely a sad moment in Hollywood. He will be remembered in my heart , always in forever. I'm gonna miss him <\3 prayers for his Family and friends

FunnieGuy

Reaction score
I couldn't believe my eyes when my older sister showed me the headline on CNN.com.Rest in peace,Robin Williams.
I'll always remember you in 'Good Morning Vietnam','Mrs.Doubtfire',and 'The Dead Poet Society'...