The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I find this whole licensed product of a ripoof deal funny. Really, the reson that must have got made is because the ripoff movie must have sold well enough to get Licensed products. How did that happen?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Bootleg and Ripoff are two different things. Bootlegs are usually illegal outright (yet companies barely do anything about it), where as a ripoff is legal in the sense that there's enough benefit of doubt to keep from lawsuits for the most part.

Now the fabric I'm describing isn't a serial numbers filed off version of Barnyard, but an actual licensed product featuring an actual title (with "TM" marks next to the titles no less), with a suspiciously similar looking art style, but with different animals. I actually found a picture of it:

GAH!!! This had to have been a lousy CGI DTV movie. I just don't know the name of it. It looks very much Studio Brinquendo, though...
Looks more to me like a rip-off of Arashi no Yoru Ni: Himitsu No Tomodachi (an anime about a lamb and a wolf who are friends that is in one of the Japanese children's magazines I own) or Charlotte's Web. And to me, the artstyle of this product makes Last Flight of the Champions look like a Disney sequel!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I was in the area and I totally forgot to go in. But yeah, it had a brand name or something like it was a DTV movie or television series that didn't air anywhere that mattered. I'll get it one day so I can look up if it was a thing or not.

Really seems that other than that Wizard of Oz movie and The Nut Job, we haven't seen any off brand theatrically released CGI kid's movies this year. Then of course, the brand name ones aren't doing so hot either.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
You know, I was in the area and I totally forgot to go in. But yeah, it had a brand name or something like it was a DTV movie or television series that didn't air anywhere that mattered. I'll get it one day so I can look up if it was a thing or not.

Really seems that other than that Wizard of Oz movie and The Nut Job, we haven't seen any off brand theatrically released CGI kid's movies this year. Then of course, the brand name ones aren't doing so hot either.
Speaking of Legends of Oz, they are making a TV series of it in the future along with two sequels, just like the Oogieloves!
Here's another classic cartoon ruined by CGI: Muzzy in Gondoland. If the all-new, god-awful intro music isn't bad enough, the animation itself is worse!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Oz did make more money than Oogieloves did, at least. But by all means, Oz is DTV quality at best. Something tells me their plans of a TV series and sequels may be entirely dashed. They planned on this being a much, much bigger success than it inevitably was... I mean, even Nut Job looked like a better fill all around. Legends of Oz got even worse reviews than the last Transformers movie (why, by all means doesn't deserve to be lower on the Tomato-meter than Revenge of the Fallen, just saying), and those films are essentially the critics' punching bag.

Yeah, that Muzzy update is ugly and unnecessary. We lose the wonderful voice of Jack May to boot. And those Norman skits are uglier than ever before, and look even lower quality than the CGI.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Yeah, that Muzzy update is ugly and unnecessary. We lose the wonderful voice of Jack May to boot. And those Norman skits are uglier than ever before, and look even lower quality than the CGI.
The CGI is probably the worst kind I've ever seen. Even worse than that farm animal fabric and LFOTC combined!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Were the original Muzzy films too "outdated" for this new company in both period and animation style? They're really fooling themselves George Lucas-style if they think this looks better. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The original animation wasn't exactly Disney quality, but it looks far less dated than the CGI. It's downright 90's looking. I caught the original on Youtube before they went all copyright Gestapo and removed them (and a great Youtube Poop no one's ever going to reload), and felt it very endearing.

This looks like cheap kiddy show stuff. Very much beneath the original.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
(and a great Youtube Poop no one's ever going to reload), and felt it very endearing.

This looks like cheap kiddy show stuff. Very much beneath the original.
Are you referring to the YTP where it had the video on Muzzy's monitor replaced by Robotnik yelling some stupid questions, a Gonzo pun, and the line "How do you do? I'm The Go". If so, I've seen that too!
Without a doubt, here's something that's the absolute worst CGI anything ever. Worse than Last Flight of the Crappy Animation Studio, more horrific than Mike Huckabee's Not at All Right Wing Biased Look at History Fun Time Brainwashing... just absolutely the worst thing ever.

I give you "The Rapsittie Kids in Believe in Santa." But just the animation reel. The special never resurfaced, but here's a gruesome look at the horrible music and frightening animation...

Just unbelievably freaking horrendous on every level. Wolf Tracer is the WORST animation studio ever. Hands down. Even worse than the Clutch Cargo people.
Holy cow. Forget Muzzy, that's the worst CGI show ever!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Are you referring to the YTP where it had the video on Muzzy's monitor replaced by Robotnik yelling some stupid questions, a Gonzo pun, and the line "How do you do? I'm The Go". If so, I've seen that too!

Yeah, the "A Kingdom held Prisoner By Words" or something like that? JP4490 was an underrated YTP genius. it's a shame he hasn't done one in years, and a bigger shame that his Muzzy and TTTE ones got pulled down.