Do you feel Welcome at Muppet Central?

Katzi428

Reaction score
I had first said yes & no to whether I felt welcome here. Now here's my final answer:
Not anymore.
I first came here JUST when this site was being built over 14 (?) years ago. I used to LOVE coming here when things on the outside world got crazy! I came here when my dad passed away several years ago & the outpouring of sympathy was amazing! I referred to this place being like "Cheers" one time: Where ecveryone knows your name & they're always glad you came" (For those of you too young to remember, "Cheers" was a TV show ) I had a lot of friends. I still have SOME friends here. (I'm happy about that; trust me.) But I find myself looking at posts of friends who don't post here anymore.
Also, I feel as if I shouldn't post anything anymore. One of the members was talking about old Sesame Street skits. And I (since I've been around since the old SS days) contributed to the conversation. Nothing was said after that. The conversation was left hanging there like a heavy fog. So why do I bother? I'm still sticking around,though. But ONLY because (as I said) I know I have a couple of friends.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I had first said yes & no to whether I felt welcome here. Now here's my final answer:
Not anymore.
I first came here JUST when this site was being built over 14 (?) years ago. I used to LOVE coming here when things on the outside world got crazy! I came here when my dad passed away several years ago & the outpouring of sympathy was amazing! I referred to this place being like "Cheers" one time: Where ecveryone knows your name & they're always glad you came" (For those of you too young to remember, "Cheers" was a TV show ) I had a lot of friends. I still have SOME friends here. (I'm happy about that; trust me.) But I find myself looking at posts of friends who don't post here anymore.
Also, I feel as if I shouldn't post anything anymore. One of the members was talking about old Sesame Street skits. And I (since I've been around since the old SS days) contributed to the conversation. Nothing was said after that. The conversation was left hanging there like a heavy fog. So why do I bother? I'm still sticking around,though. But ONLY because (as I said) I know I have a couple of friends.
That's pretty much exactly how I feel. Whenever I look back to the early days of this forum, basically everybody was free to look down at their feelings and opinions, and no one would judge them by that. Now, many people ( including me, but I've stopped it) are only doing that, and it doesn't seem as fun.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I wish I was part of these "old days" everyone keeps talking about :frown:.
So, do I. Well, however, you've been on here a couple of months before me. If you want to see the old days in action, you can always search the forums for them.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I wish I was part of these "old days" everyone keeps talking about :frown:.
I feel the same way, Muppet Master! Life used to be so much simple than complicated. The music was not so bad unlike today seems a bit obsolete. :sigh: Why does everyone want to talk about the past?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That raises an interesting point. Sure the good ol' days where good, and the forum had some great convo's and threads, but who is to say that it can't be like it was back then or even better.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
That raises an interesting point. Sure the good ol' days where good, and the forum had some great convo's and threads, but who is to say that it can't be like it was back then or even better.
I agree, even though many people ( including me) have been talking about the old days and how they were so good, we should try to make this a better place. We should try to make this like the old days.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
I agree, even though many people ( including me) have been talking about the old days and how they were so good, we should try to make this a better place. We should try to make this like the old days.
I disagree though! We shouldn't try to go back to any time, to make the present like the past. We should make the present as good as it can be, but it is pointless to try to recreate the "old days." I imagine that if we maintain the spirit of Jim Henson everything will be amazing! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
You two totally get it. Let's make now like the old days, not by recreating the old days, but by living in the NOW! Do something wild. Throw some penguins. Send an encouraging thought to another MC member. Add a pun to an otherwise serious post. Include :rolleyes:'s opinion in parentheticals. Translate a post into Mock Swedish. Post fan-fiction about life and love and expand the MC universe. Dance like nobody's watching.

Always think: Is there the education of Sesame Street? The humor of the Muppets? The heart of the Fraggles? (The darkness of the Skesis?) If there is, go with it!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
You two totally get it. Let's make now like the old days, not by recreating the old days, but by living in the NOW! Do something wild. Throw some penguins. Send an encouraging thought to another MC member. Add a pun to an otherwise serious post. Include :rolleyes:'s opinion in parentheticals. Translate a post into Mock Swedish. Post fan-fiction about life and love and expand the MC universe. Dance like nobody's watching.

Always think: Is there the education of Sesame Street? The humor of the Muppets? The heart of the Fraggles? (The darkness of the Skesis?) If there is, go with it!
Yep, looking back at the old days: it seemed much like a better place than now. But, if we do the crazy stuff there was before, we can make it like the old days.

Or, in Mock Swedish:

" Hurden den furden gherk wer shevin kwebben Coopenburgen( " We have a solid week in Coopenburgen!") fwa sha de wa kwob bob shelittle de wob be do."

:smile: