Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not really a movie that should be hated on... You guys probably know about Adam Sandler's Pixels... Some may see it as a knock-off copycat in the wake of Wreck-It Ralph. But if you take the time to read the synopsis, those of us who have steel-grade memory traps might recognize it and say, "Hey! They're making a movie based on that segment from Futurama's Tales of Interest!" Specifically, the one where Fry gets called by President Nixon to defend Earth from invading aliens where the invaders are copying 80's arcade games attack patterns for their supposed planetary conquest. So yeah. :laugh:
It's all based on like a 30 second short film. Ralph was supposedly in development for decades at Disney, back when video games were not the mainstream thing they are today. Only thing about Pixels that sounds off is Adam Sandler being in it. Chris Columbus is directing it, I hear. Not that I was ever a fan of the Harry Potter films, so I didn't follow them... but the dude came up with Galaxy High School, an underrated gem of the 1980's. I'm holding judgement until I see a trailer.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard about Wreck it Ralph being in development when those kind of games were still considred "New". Oh yeah, don't you know Chris Columbus has directed other family movies? "Home Alone "and the sequel, "Night at the museum" and it's sequel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would you believe there were 4 Hansel and Gretal movies last year?

There were 4 Hansel and Gretal movies last year. One was a stoner comedy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really?!? They're making a movie based on Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Now, I appreciate that they've been trying for almost half a decade back when zombies weren't a discredited meme and still relevant, but to keep trying now? And after other concept films like Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Cowboys Vs. Aliens wind up very much like Snakes on a Plane and only famous for being flops, why bother with a parody novel that's 15 minutes of fame were up years ago?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Oh, and a year later, and still Last Flight of the Champion doesn't even have so much as a wikipedia page or an entry (or mention!) on TVTropes. Not even a pity Redbox video release. Wow! You'd think something like that would be internet fodder by now.
That's extremely crazy!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Believe it or not Oogieloves is still something that gets mentioned with me and my usher buddies at the movie theater I work at,:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
May I add that Step Up's like 5th sequel or something looks like a coked up fever dream after watching a bad sports anime?

Seriously... a dance fight to the death in a wrestling ring played straight like it's a realistic thing? Way to go that far a reach for a plot line in a glorified concert film.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Going back to Sonic movie rumor. During E3, Sega confirmed that Sony has a Sonic film in the works slated for 2017