Scooter replica by Slackbot

Slackbot

Reaction score
What's this? Can it be? I made a puppet that isn't a Fraggle?!

Yep! And in my utterly biased opinion, he looks "great!"

Man, was this guy a labor of love. I made a buncha skulls for him before I got the shape right, and then I made a bunch more noses before I got THAT part of his head right. The body gave me a small amount of trouble, mostly because I couldn't keep in mind that when he got his clothes nobody would see the wonkiness in his shoulders and hips, if such they can be called. It's a lot more complicated when I can't just sew a limb onto a furry body, y'know?

I thought his jeans would be easy to make. Just buy toddler jeans and alter them. Easy-peasy, right? <Krabappel>Hah!</Krabappel> He's not shaped like a human kid. Next time I'll make the pattern from scratch so I'll know what I'm doing. I expected the jacket to be a real piece of misery, but it actually was pretty easy to make.

Anyway, I'll be redoing Skeeter to match him, now that I've got a decent head pattern to work from. Not right away, though. My poor abused fingertips need a break, and I may be doing a commission or two next.

FYI, the size turned out a little, well, not as I anticipated. When I draw Scooter and Janken I always make Janken the smaller of the two. I'm aware of how little sense that makes, as he's not much shorter than Mokey, who is a tall Fraggle, and we've seen how tall she is compared to Kermit, and we know how tall Scooter is compared to Kermit. So, if you work out the sizing, Scooter ought to be smaller than Jan. And it worked out that way with the puppet. So...well, go figure, I guess.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm tempted to redo his jeans right now, but I've gotten a few nibbles about commissions, and I do like it when people help me pay my mortgage.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
3 String Orchestra??? Haha. Amazing Job as always!!! Wish I could have one of my own :wink:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, this is a reference to Scooter's rendition of Six String Orchestra.