Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Someone posted a reply to one of the RPG threads where the last post was from ten years ago. :sigh:

Slackbot

Reaction score
That's been getting on my nerves too. Bleah.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the thread in question.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/guess-series-10.11181/page-2#post-1113760

At least the poster after my sarcastic comments at least mentioned a "what if" scenario. I just think the one who bumped it up wanted to desperately list as many obscure characters as possible to say they know obscure characters.

But seriously... the toy line is LONG GONE! How can someone access something from 10 years ago? Was there that little activity on that part of the board or what?

Edit: OH! And get this certain someone's post in this thread http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/rip-johnny-winter-1944-2014.58145/#post-1113763

As if the member posted something without reading the entire opening post!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Mupdate regarding these posts Drtooth, they've all been dealt with accordingly.

As to the post in the RIP thread... Oh, that member. :rolleyes:

If someone wants to post potential wishlists, we already have threads for that, no need to bump up a ten-year-old thread for that kind of list-posting.
Then again, I should have known something like this would happen when I got a PM from one of those members asking me what I thought accessories for various Muppet/Sesame Street figures would be... And I had to ask if the person knew Palisades Toys was no longer an active company, let alone making more figures. :news: :sigh: :grr:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As to the post in the RIP thread... Oh, that member. :rolleyes:
I know, right? Same guy who would endlessly post Non-updates on a certain movie that's never going to happen. But seriously, if you don't know who a person that a thread is about, why would anyone bother posting in it? that guy, that's who.

I'd also love to complain about a certain jokes thread that's full of non-jokes , but then I'd come off as a tattletale.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, now I got back from some afternoon errands, that post has been dealt with.

Also, there's this particular member who keeps posting in some fanfics solely for the purpose of padding their own post total. These replies say nothing about the chapter themselves, nor do they engage the author about something they liked or didn't understand, nor do they contribute any valid point to the fic. All these replies consist of are variations of simply "Aww, more please!" Seriously? :rolleyes:
Yes, all of us who participate actively in the Fanfic section as either authors or frequent readers/reviewers have nagged from time to time to get the fic moving to an eventual conclusion... But there's nagging, and then there's spam-nagging. Feh!