Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They've only begun to film. I hope this film doesn't feel rushed, considering it comes out in 4 months shy of 2 years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The cast has been announced

The newcomers are relatively low key, and that seems to be the common thread behind every Star Wars film. Hopefully, most of them will leave the film with a career.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Here's a sneak peek at the film showing one of the scenes being shot at Abu Dhabi rather than in a perfect little green screen studio, which may or may not be Tatooine. At least one of the creatures will be a puppet as opposed to CGI, as well. Doesn't he look like something out of the Creature Shop? :jim:

I don't expect zero CG (especially seeing how Andy Serkis is in it), but I do expect more of a Jurassic Park or Titanic-esque blend of CG and practical FX. Those films pulled it off masterfully. :smile:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/05/2...-return-to-practical-effects-ign-conversation

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one thing that I really can agree with of what went wrong with the prequels, it's the overuse of CGI. Not so much for the lack of realism, but for the weird awkwardness of the bouncy, energetic, overacting characters vs the deadpan serious actors who were getting bad direction.

Detractors like to say the acting was wooden. I tend to think of it as that they can indeed act (given their other roles in other films), but were given that painful old style of direction... that seriousness means complete and utter emotionlessness. No wonder why any time they expressed the slightest amount of emotion in their line readings, they came across as hammy (Obi Wan's "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!!!" comes to mind). So glad the direction in these new films is in not George Lucas hands.

FunnieGuy

Reaction score
Can't wait for this movie.I am disappointed they stopped rereleasing the saga in 3-D though.But I'm really hoping that Disney doesn't plaster their name all over the film like "Disney's Star Wars"(at least the entire franchise).Star Wars was NEVER Disney's creation,it's always been George Lucas's,regardless of who owns it now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney may have plastered it's name on The Muppets and Big Hero Six (which is technically a Marvel film... I guess they're trying to weasel out of over exposure?) but hasn't on Marvel (took them a while to not have to use the Paramount logo on their films), so I don't think that's the case here.

I mean, we're talking about a fanbase that went ape crap over the change of lightsaber colors alone. Not to mention those who are annoyed Disney was sold the franchise, even though they hated the heck out of George for everything he's done since the 90's.

On that note, The Disney Store actually has some Star Wars merchandise now. Some of it even exclusive (but just T-shirts and plush toys). But I'm disappointed there's no Disney X Star Wars merchandise available in those stores. Especially since the big Phineas and Ferb cross over just aired.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now that Rebels has premiered, I've enjoyed the two-part premiere so far. The main character Ezra doesn't come across as bratty and overbearing as Ahsoka was initially, being more of a weasely type of character who is a weasel just to survive. Doesn't hurt that there's more of a feeling of familiarity with all the OT elements and music cues either, seeing as how this takes place between episodes III and IV.

Animation-wise, it's a lot more loose and colorful than The Clone Wars that came before it, which I find more appealing. The cartoon eyeballs of the Wookiees were kind of strange, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.