Chances For Another Muppet Movie

Do the muppets have a chance at making a new movie?

• Yes

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yes, there's no use denying it, or you'll be heckled JUST for expressing your opinion, MMW dissapointed at the box office. Who knows why, it was a really good film. With that said, what are the chances of a new muppet film being released, none, most people will say, but what willl it take to get another muppet movie off the ground. Will the muppets need to go under the wing of a different company, or are we just going to be stuck with MWoO-like TV movies?

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
The Muppets need to take a break from movies for a while. Simple as that. If MMW only made a fraction of what the first one did, there's no way Disney is going to do a third one any time soon.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I don't really know what will happen, and I don't plan to waste skull sweat on it. If it happens, great! If not, we've had two excellent movies which I will enjoy even more on my new HD TV.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I liked MMW...I really did...but from talking to people that are not die hard Muppet fans (as oppossed to fans of die hard and the muppets) most of them prefer the Muppets over MMW....we have to face it....you can't just make a movie that appeals to the big fans...something about MMW did not appeal to a bigger audience...so what did the first movie have that the second one didn't? If they can figure that out then yes there could be another Muppet movie.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Disney have worked to hard getting the Muppet to where they are now so for that reason I believe that no matter what we will soon learn the Muppets either have a new TV show or are planning on making a movie but they will be doing something that's for sure. If we do get a third movie and it performs worse than MMW then i'll start to worry.:embarrassed::eek::concern::sympathy:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
To anyone who hasn't been on Wikipedia lately, Bobin and Stoller have interest in making another sequel. Both of them have ideas in mind (which are right now understandably unknown to the public), however, another film could depend on how well the home media sales of Muppets Most Wanted turn out.

No matter how well the DVD/BluRay releases sell, I wouldn't be surprised if Bobin and Stoller choose to pull the plug on making theatrical films. Like everyone else, I right now would be more interested in seeing a new TV series- even though it's probably gonna end up on Disney Channel (I don't have cable or satellite TV, but hopefully the episodes will be put online). So, personally, I think that's what they should start with.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
To anyone who hasn't been on Wikipedia lately, Bobin and Stoller have interest in making another sequel. Both of them have ideas in mind (which are right now understandably unknown to the public), however, another film could depend on how well the home media sales of Muppets Most Wanted turn out.

No matter how well the DVD/BluRay releases sell, I wouldn't be surprised if Bobin and Stoller choose to pull the plug on making theatrical films. Like everyone else, I right now would be more interested in seeing a new TV series- even though it's probably gonna end up on Disney Channel (I don't have cable or satellite TV, but hopefully the episodes will be put online). So, personally, I think that's what they should start with.
I think the muppets need to go back to prime time. Yes, JHH and MT failed, but JHH wasn't really too much of a muppet show, and MT came out at a time when the muppets weren't that popular. This time around they're still somewhat popular, so I think maybe a sitcom with the muppets would work, maybe something like the rear end episodes of MT would really work well with today's audience. Also, no offense, but Bobin and Stoller's ideas for a new muppet movie are kind of...meh. One muppet becoming more popular than the others is more of the plot of a TV show episode than a feature-length film.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I think the muppets need to go back to prime time. Yes, JHH and MT failed, but JHH wasn't really too much of a muppet show, and MT came out at a time when the muppets weren't that popular. This time around they're still somewhat popular, so I think maybe a sitcom with the muppets would work, maybe something like the rear end episodes of MT would really work well with today's audience. Also, no offense, but Bobin and Stoller's ideas for a new muppet movie are kind of...meh. One muppet becoming more popular than the others is more of the plot of a TV show episode than a feature-length film.
I highly agree with what you're saying. Plus, I've been thinking. Back when the 2011 movie became a huge hit, it definitely made perfect sense for another movie to be in the making. Little by little, when all of those ads for Muppets Most Wanted kept showing up, I couldn't stop thinking to myself, "This movie is gonna be so awesome, I have a real hunch that there will be another film!" But then, when I saw how small of a box office it got, and how not just myself but a lot of you other guys had the honor of seeing it in a theater where there was an incredibly small audience, that's when that thought I had immediately disappeared. Again, if Bobin and Stoller really pull the plug on making theatrical films, I won't be surprised.