Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean about the DVD thing regarding BTB. I'm pretty much keeping up to date on Onepiece thanks to the individual story arc articles being updated at their Wiki, though I think they might finally get to Thriller Bark at some point this year, dunno, haven't been watching it on Toonami.
I don't know exactly where they are in terms of the show, since they started rerunning it from the Enies Lobby arc (they're still on the train, and Luffy and Chopper didn't meet Sogeking/Sniper King yet).

But yeah, the lack of variety on cable kid's channels has been bugging me since I started getting it a couple months ago. Nicktoons has officially become the Kung Fu Panda/Monsters Vs Aliens network. Especially annoying since they cancelled MVA, and something tells me they couldn't wait to. So much for an episode where Coverton does something actually evil instead of trolling the monsters. T.U.F.F. Puppy doesn't even air until Saturday's 5 episode marathon, and who knows if it's going to be back on the schedule. Even Monster and Robot gets a daily hour block, and Nickelodeon hated that show so bad, they fired the creator and writers. OW! As for Boomerang, it just has the same 6 shows, some in 4 hour a day blocks where they just rerun the same 4 episodes at different times. And that just happened recently. They at least had an action block with the original Teen Titans series and Ben 10. Now, not so much. Though at least I FINALLY got to see every episode of Chowder and the Lost Lyman episode of The Garfield Show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I don't watch Boomerang all day, I'm unfamiliar with their overall regular day-in day-out schedule... But here are a couple of things I do know in watching a little of it during the evening hours.
1 The 6 PM full hour block is reserved for Scooby-Doo which includes at least Where Are You? and Mystery Incorporated (both seasons!), whereas the Scooby-Doo Mysteries are sometimes reserved for either Saturday or Sunday as an hour block at 7 PM.
2 The 7 PM full hour block is reserved for classic Tom & Jerry cartoons.
3 The 8 PM full hour block is reserved for Pokemon. Currently they're airing Season 12, Diamond and Pearl: Galactic Battle. That's the main reason I'm watching, hoping that since they're nearing the end of that season they'll move on to Cinno League Victors (Season 13) and I can catch up on everything from there up to Adventures in Unova (Season 16) on CN weekdays at 8 AM as a single episode to get to XY on Saturdays at 8 AM single episodes as well. Thanks to the Bulbapedia Wiki I'm caught up on Ash's battle record, but I want to watch the episodes as well.
4 The 9 PM full hour block is reserved for Chowder, although it also airs as an hour block in the afternoon, not sure when, it's between the 2-5 PM hours.

After that at 10 PM I've usually shut off the TV and hopped back on to the computer or gone asleep for the night. They do air original Teen Titans series either in the afternoon on weekdays or on the weekends... If they also air The Batman I hope they finally splurged in the budget to get the rest of the series' seasons, what annoyed me was they were constantly stuck showing only Season 1 episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
An off topic answer to your earlier question, Count...

I don't know when it's going to appear on adult swim, but the Thriller Bark arc is starting to be dubbed, with the first 13 episode DVD coming out at the end of September (just in time for the obvious holiday). Of course, I don't really collect many of the DVD's. I just have the set with the wrongly cut by 4Kids Little Island arc. My sister has the one with the rightfully cut arc about the little girl and the dragon. It's pretty dull a story line that winds up contradicting later elements. Only thing good about it is it was the only appearance of Japanese voice actor Junpei Takaguchi (among other things, he was the Japanese dub voice for Uncle Matt) in One Piece... and suffice to say if 4Kids did dub it, you wouldn't get to hear his voice anyway.

Seriously. That's the one thing the 4K dub got right. Cutting out that useless filler arc.

Back to the subject of TTG... I kinda get the feeling that it's supposed to be a Troll Show. Like they go out of their way to tick people off. The Mas Y Menos episode has a pretty nasty sting at the show's detractors in a screenshot I can't exactly find. Essentially the side videos of a Youtube page that says "Teen Titans No" with a picture of a baby crying on it (followed by references to Young Justice and the Green Lantern Cartoon)... classy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Mas y Menos, two characters I find even more useless than the Wonder Twins. Not to mention that said episode furthered the notion of Robin as an aggressive gloryhound which seems to be his nitch role in TTG.

Hmm, I might have to talk to my tech-savvy brother to see if I can watch DVD's on my computer. If so, I'll have some stuff to buy for visual research/inspiration for my ongoing pet project.
Other than Thriller Bark, my most fave arc from that fifth saga is Impell Down as it's basically the Onepiece interpretation of Dante's Inferno with its different heckish-named levels and such.

Oh, an amusing little anecdote... On Total Drama Pahkitew Island, one of the episodes ends with the remaining contestants seizing control of the master computer running the island's environs... After disarming the self-destruct command, the kids activate two different controls that trigger half of the island getting burnt and the other half getting frozen. Which made me immediately think, oh great, they've turned it into Total Drama Punkitew Hazard Island!

And to bring this back to Bats... Happy 75th birthday to the caped crusader. There's an awesome mecha-armored four-armed version conceptual artpiece created by Tetsuyo Nomura, the creator of Kingdom Hearts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... for the first time I'm genuinely excited to see an episode this week. Only because my favorite villain from the series, Mad Mod, is the featured villain.

Even though it's obvious they're probably not going to pay Malcolm McDowell to do his voice, so he'll be silent or something, I'm actually looking forward to seeing him in this series. In fact, Detention was the first episode of the original series I've seen.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... Drtooth called it, Mad Mod didn't speak a single line in the episode. But they did insert a recorded Mad Mod laugh, *shrugs.
What was up with Death turning into a James Brown parody though? And if he were really Raven's uncle, you'd think he would know about her half-demon/no soul status. *Chuckles at Charon turned into a pirate with parrot buddy. Might that have been a reference to Cappy, the school boat pirate from Casper's Scare School? Or a nod to Pirate Jack from James and the Giant Peach? Nah, this is Teen Titans Go, they just throw anyting on to the wall and see what sticks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... Drtooth called it, Mad Mod didn't speak a single line in the episode. But they did insert a recorded Mad Mod laugh, *shrugs.
Yeah, I've accepted just about everything else in this series, but I still hate how cheap they are to get more than the main cast of voice actors plus one more. They've been getting better recently with Tom Kenny coming back to voice Mumbo, and Roger Bumpass as Dr. Light on two occasions. Also had a feeling he was only going to be in it for like the first minute, but still.. great to see that character back.

I gotta admit, it was refreshing to see one of the Titans actually feel remorse and regret at the consequences of their idiotic, out of character selfishness. I'm talking to you, "Gorilla."

I swear that old Starfire was played by Tara instead of her usual voice actor in the beginning. She sounded like Truffles without the Carol Kane sounding accent.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've got to admit... Cyborg's Meat Sweats was the funniest thing I've seen on the show for a while. And it's that special kind of funny that it's not funny right away, but it comes into your head at an inappropriate time and it becomes painfully stupid funny.

Funny thing is, fans of the show apparently hated the episode. Maybe if they were randomly meaner to Robin through the whole thing, they would have appreciated it more. :insatiable:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Missed that episode. Been watching some repeats catching episodes I hadn't seen before like the one where the Titans infiltrate/invade the Hive Tower and the one with the little buddies showdown.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The episode with the Wonder Twins was on again yesterday, and I have to say...why can't we get another episode like that? That was genuinely funny, and a well done stab at two of the not so beloved characters in the DC universe (too bad they didn't make fun of that fershlugginer monkey as well). TTG is at its best when it makes fun of the original show and by extension, DC comics' mythology. But the show runners, being the trolls they are, would rather just make the characters act like idiots for 10 minutes at a time. I get that's what they want to do, but again, what made Super Hero Squad so beloved (as opposed to the polarizing TTG) was making fun of their mythology while making the characters goofy parodies of themselves.

On that subject, supposedly this week's guest villain (who will probably take up all of 1 minute of screen time) is one that hasn't been seen or used on the original series since the pilot. Yep. A character that never appeared in anything since the unseen (until Trouble in Tokyo was released) pilot. So they definitely are trying to mine obscure characters in the show.