The "Do you have any uncommon fears?" Thread

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I did. When I was little, I was afraid of Blimps, because when I was2, I was at my Great Aunt's St. Patrick's day party, and a Goodyear blimp flew REALLY close to the ground. I was scared of blimps from that day until I was 8.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this counts or not, but for the last few years, I've had the uncommon fear of watching cartoons, even shows I watched when I was younger. I feel like I'm too mature to actually watch them (w/ volume on and all) even if I like them, so I'd have to sort of entice myself to watch an episode or a clip.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Ha! That's funny. Also when I was little, I would make my parents change the station if the song mentioned food or eating. I wasn't scared by it, but I didn't like it.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this counts or not, but for the last few years, I've had the uncommon fear of watching cartoons, even shows I watched when I was younger. I feel like I'm too mature to actually watch them (w/ volume on and all) even if I like them, so I'd have to sort of entice myself to watch an episode or a clip.
Gee I'd say you're more worried what people might say if they saw it.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't say this to anyone Irl so I may as well get it out in the open on here, I'm absolutely terrified of being forgotten, if that's uncommon?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't say this to anyone Irl so I may as well get it out in the open on here, I'm absolutely terrified of being forgotten, if that's uncommon?
Certainly not. In fact the hero from one of my favorite books, Augustus Waters form The Fault in Our Stars has that fear, and it was a large part of that book. It's a very rational fear, and I don't blame you for it.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Certainly not. In fact the hero from one of my favorite books, Augustus Waters form The Fault in Our Stars has that fear, and it was a large part of that book. It's a very rational fear, and I don't blame you for it.
Really? And I thought it was just a strange one, that's made me feel a whole lot better actually thanks.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I also forgot, I also was afraid of Special needs people when I was little.

Eyeball

Reaction score
I also forgot, I also was afraid of Special needs people when I was little.
Oh boy, I know what that was like, my mother friend has Down's syndrome and when I was younger it was rather terrifying, I literally would scream anytime I saw her, but growing up i kinda realised how disgraceful and disrespectful it was of me to have done that.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Yeah, I got that fear because of this Special Man (Sadly he passed away about 5 years ago. Rest in Peace.) Who lived in my Nana's town, he would usually be at the town post office parking lot. My mom would always say hi, and he would groan and tap out what he wanted to say. I was terrified of him.