HENSON WING IS TRUE!

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey Everybody!!! You gotta hear this! It's from my latest season guide to the Center for Puppetry Arts:

WE'RE READY TO EXPAND...Exciting news about our upcoming transformation!

We're now in the midst of a transformative expansion that will allow us to touch even more lives through the art of puppetry. New museum galleries, a renovated entryway, and other upgrades to our existing spaces will enhance your experience at the Center.

Find out how you can help at puppet.org/believeinmakebelieve

We will be OPEN during construction!

I'm not kidding! Just saw the link. They ARE going to include a Henson Wing after all! I noticed construction has resumed for much of Metro Atlanta for like the past year or so; that must be among the reasons. But you guys should also visit, the upcoming season has promising shows and movies. As I once heard from Drew Allison, it truly is the Mecca for puppetry. The Phoenix has risen from the trash can! :excited:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Keep in mind that we've been to this altar before. Some years ago they announced grand plans, a new wing that would house hundreds of Henson-relayed puppets. Then the economy tanked, and the plans were put on the back burner and delayed, and delayed again, and delayed some more, with the opening always a year or two in the future.

It's encouraging that they've been putting some oomph into this, with floor plans and a Henson-attended press conference and all that, but then I look at the page on the CPA and see the text "To complete this project, we need your help!" above a donation button. So it's not even funded?

I'm hoping that this time the CPA will be able to follow through. However, I'm not going to get excited until I see a construction crew at work.

theSHE124

Reaction score
We can still help'em out, Slackbot. Do you want to? I'll ask my whole family on this.

theSHE124

Reaction score
OMG! You must be squeeing right now! :smile: I was gonna see a new show I haven't seen yet in order to get some evidence for you, but you beat me to it first! Thanks, Slackbot! Can't wait to see how my family's gonna react to this...:drool:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hoping to visit it next year. Just need to find out when it's opening. Might be able to meet you slackbot and some of you guys from on here!!

Chris
UK

Slackbot

Reaction score
Trust me, when they release any information on when it's opening I will post it here. And unless I am in the hospital I will be at the ribbon cutting ceremony!

theSHE124

Reaction score
I hope I'll be there, too, Slackbot! :dreamy: Of course, I might post the announcement before you do...