Is Frozen overrated?

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Uh, that's why I hate Planes and Frozen. I saw Frozen on New Year's Day, and Planes in Febuary, for 20 mins. Planes was dull and unfunnr, with no real plot development and flat characters.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Fandoms suck. All I can say there. They ruin their own thing by obsession and create their own hatebase.

But the thing about dumping on something popular is this. How do we distinguish between people who hate something because it's popular and people who genuinely have a logical complain about the movie? I used to actually be the former. And it sucked. I missed out on a lot of stuff I actually could have enjoyed. Personally, I'm more against things that nobody likes that studios shove in everyone's face and make them like it. And not get the hint and force it even harder. Why I hate Planes, right there.
Maybe we don't need to distinguish between them. And maybe we should grow up and stop dumping on people for expressing opinions about entertainment. Who cares why people are saying they don't like it? As if there's nothing else in the world to be apoplectic about....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe we don't need to distinguish between them. And maybe we should grow up and stop dumping on people for expressing opinions about entertainment.
There's a DIFFERENCE.

If there's a legit complaint, there's a legit complaint. Hating something for the reason that others like it? That's petty, ridiculous, and completely immature. Unless it's something that's so popular that it purposely blots out everything else, and that's all others tend to make (i.e. Disney's live action shows in the 00's killing animation on other networks who wanted to follow in their footsteps and failed- there's a legitimate and logical reason to be annoyed by it).

Still, I get someone nagged the crap out of you on some other site. I got nagged the crap out of for the same thing half the time on multiple other boards, and I'd admit I deserved it. Not so much the completely immature name calling, but they had a point.

But why bother talking when I can let a 20+ year old comic strip do it for me?

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
This conversation is beginning to irritate me. I would think adults would not have an issue with unpopular opinions, let alone about movies intended mainly for kids. Maybe that's too much to expect. I don't need everyone to love everything popular, and, to be candid, I really don't care what their reasons are. I don't see any need to whinge and complain just because someone might like something popular just because it's popular, because, quite frankly, no one owes it to me, or to you, to explain why they like or dislike something popular. For God's sake, man, just get over it.:shifty:

Eyeball

Reaction score
I found it to be a decent film in its own right, they had a likeable main character in Anna but Elsa just seemed a bit dull and uninteresting I might also have to argue that the film itself isn't as overrated on a whole as 'let it go' was, I mean what is the big deal with that song?, it's not even particularly great or even inspirational as some people were calling it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I liked Frozen quite a bit actually, but I still find it a bit overrated. You can still like something while finding it to be overrated.
You see... this is what I'm talking about. Overrated does NOT equal "I hated it."

Personally, I'm just glad that there's a kid's movie out there that resonated with people and has an audience without having to make dated hip hop references come out of talking (real) dogs with CGI Clutch Cargo lips. Shudder... Or, not quite as bad, yet another sequel to Ice Age. Now THAT'S an overrated franchise that makes much more money than it should. Don't get me wrong, I like Sid and Scrat, but the only reason I bothered with the fourth film was the Simpsons short. And the film itself was like watching 2 different movies. A fun, but not very high quality romp with pirates and a crazy grandma, and a tedious, cliche ridden tween drama/com about fitting in. The film exists only for money, and no doubt it will rival Land Before Time in sequels someday. And that was one of the better ones. There's all these awful third and fourth party CGI movies out there. And thankfully the public at large is starting to say "no thanks" to these weaker efforts. I'm quite happy the Legends of Oz movie failed and got horrid reviews.

I get that Frozen is overrated, and I'd tend to agree on that, actually. But the trend that bothers me is the nonstop lame kiddy movies that only exist to ride the coat-tails of something else. Essentially what I'm saying is Marmaduke got a movie. Someone thought a not at all liked, not even in it's prime 50 years ago comic strip about a dog that eats pies off a window sill was a valid concept for a children's movie, and selling it with "he's wearing sunglasses! Word Up, Homies! He's in Da Hood." Even if watching Frozen was high torture for me, I'd rather see films like Frozen than "poorly updated CGI character who suddenly wears sunglasses and uses dated 90's slang unironically."

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I think Frozen is the best in a while of Disney films, but not the overall best like some people say. I prefer Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid.(In my opinion it's tied with Hunchback and Lilo and Stich two films I really really enjoy).