Foxes, cats, rats ... some of the puppets I made

Tioh

Reaction score
Awesome puppets. Love the eyes blinking. Are you willing to teach us how to connect the bowden cable to the eyes and make them work?
The cable is embedded in a handle attached to the eyelid (I just put the plastic around the end of the cable). Those eyelids were made by hand with Plaast over a steel ball.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
The cable is embedded in a handle attached to the eyelid (I just put the plastic around the end of the cable). Those eyelids were made by hand with Plaast over a steel ball.
Nice.

Tioh

Reaction score
Short test-videos with new 3d-printed puppet-heads

Cable-controlled eyelid

Tioh

Reaction score
How to build a foam body for a hand-puppet - video tutorial - part 1
This video shows how to make the main part of a puppet foam-body for a hand-puppet - in the style of the puppets from the Eurofurence Pawpet-Show. I will use this body with a 3d-printed head-base.

The pattern for the foam-body:

This is my basic pattern for a foam puppet-body. Most of my puppets were made with this pattern. I print it normally 47cm high, 52cm wide - cut the foam out of a cheap camping mat (closed cell foam, 0.8-1.2cm thick).

Check the dimensions of the puppeteers arm before you build the body - the pattern doesn't fit everyone - adjust it if needed.

My tutorials and informations about my puppet-related projects:
http://puppet.tioh.de/