Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe there could be a special Sesame Street app similar to My Muppets Show. Of course this (and a number of other ideas I suggested) could still be done regardless of whether there's an anniversary.

Pepperlover2123

Reaction score
Something else I thought of tonight: Maybe an official photo (meaning not a screenshot) on the front, and a few still images from classic stills on the back, maybe with text overlayed on it.

Or maybe five images on the front: Four square clockwise still shots from the show, and a circular image that's not a still. For example, the Grover card could have stills from his "Near and Far" sketch, a Super-Grover segment, a waiter Grover segment, and Monster in the Mirror (or maybe an image of the original green Grover could be pictured in place of Monster in the Mirror or "near and far", maybe even the original "near and far" sketch). The Cookie Monster one could have images from the original C is for Cookie, Allistair Cookie, one of the Cookie's Crumby Pictures segments, and The Cookie Bunny. For Ernie, there could be images from the season two "Rubber Duckie", Ernie with a banana in his ear, "Dance Myself to Sleep" (or "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"), and Ernie as a knight from "Imagine That". For Bert, images could be from "Doin' the Pigeon", "Bert's Blanket", Ernie putting a pan on Bert's head, and Bert teaching Bernice how to play checkers. For Elmo, include images form "One Fine Face", "Elmo's Song", an Elmo's World clip, and an Elmo The Musical! clip. For someone more obscure like Bruno, include images from "Put It in the Trash Can", "bring your own can night", "Trash Outta Heaven", and Bruno on roller skates from "Big Bird's Birthday".

I also wonder if it'd be good to have different scarcity on each card. Maybe not something really scarce (like a card that only appears in 1 out of every 10 packages), but maybe the most common cards could have a 6 out of 10 chance of being in the package, and the least common being 3 out of 10. And when it comes to most common and least common cards, I wonder if it'd be better for the most popular characters being on the most common cards or least (and vice versa). Any idea which is more common for collectible trading cards for popular franchises? But in my mind, I'd have the Big Bird, Elmo, Abby, Cookie Monster, and The Count cards have a 6 out of 10 chance of being included, Ernie, Bert, Grover, Guy Smiley, Biff and Sully, Oscar, Slimey, and Zoe a 5 out of 10 chance, the Baby Bear, Telly, Herry, Prairie Dawn, Forgetful Jones, Clementine, Buster, Gladys, Rosita, Murray, Snuffy, and Two-Headed Monster cards a 4 out of 10 chance, and everybody else a 3 out of 10 chance.

I didn't include him on my previous list of characters, but I wonder if Sesame Workshop could include Kermit in a collection of Sesame Street trading cards. I'd like to think it's as okay as including existing Kermit material on video, online, album releases, and books on the history of the show, but you never know. Maybe that one could be a "special edition rare card", with only 1 or 2 included in every 10 packages. Though if a Kermit card could be included, and the card collection used my idea of screen shots around a non-still image, then perhaps many of the other character cards could have images from skits Kermit appeared in with them (like the Grover and Cookie ones having stills from one of the many Kermit and Grover/Cookie skits, and appearances alongside Kermit can appear on the cards for Don Music, Dr. Nobel Price, and Forgetful Jones, and so on). And still images I would choose for the Kermit card would be from the original "Bein' Green", Kermit's interview with Humpty Dumpty, Kermit and Joey singing the alphabet, and a Kermit and Grover skit.

Thinking more about my trading card idea, maybe for the 45th anniversary there could be 45 character cards, and then after the anniversary maybe a wave 2 or additional cards (maybe some characters could replace previous characters). There are a lot of characters I left out that I shouldn't have, like The Amazing Mumford, Chrissy and the Alphabeats, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Harvey Kneeslapper, Simon Soundman, Roxy Marie, Hoots the Owl, Fred the Wonder Horse, and of course many more!
Why couldn't they have something like this instead of Abby's Flying Fairy School or Murray Monster's "Word on the Street?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm still baffled by those who would rather see the same old clips available everywhere else on the full hour show. Yes, there's a completely idiotic reasoning for this, and yes, they love to show things that are only in widescreen, except when they don't... but we whined for DVD releases, we had Youtubers upload stuff which lead to SW doing it themselves with not off of a 20+ year old SLP speed VHS recording.

They're literally a couple clicks away. Why wait for one of 26 episodes to watch something a simple YT search can bring up instantly? Heck, with the amount of current on show YT uploads by SW, there's almost no reason to watch the show at all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking back to my idea of anniversary trading cards, I keep thinking of several different options for character cards featuring still images from their best moments, though still wanting the "main image" to be a picture that's not a still (and I think all of the characters I listed have such a photo... the 40th anniversary book even has a picture of Bruno without Oscar).

Besides what I listed earlier, another idea would be for a single image of the featured character on the front, and on the back some text about the character and three small stills on the bottom, maybe with a little text to describe the scene (this would be similar to the back covers of the Sony Wonder releases).

Or another option would be for each card to have a boarder made up of still images. Though it would be interesting to see that done for characters like Bruno, Fluffy, Dr. Nobel Price, and Sam the Robot. Or perhaps present the still images in the background, similar to the cover of the 40th anniversary DVD, with the featured character in the foreground.

It'd also be cool if there could be a collection of posters for the anniversary. Each one representing a different era, with a promotional image from that era as the main image, a few still images on the side (maybe presented vertically), and maybe also some images of products or artwork from that era.

For example, an image representing the first season would have a season one promotional photo, and on the side, from top to bottom, stills from: Ernie and Bert sharing jellybeans, Kermit and Grover demonstrating "in", the baker with ten cakes, the spies from the Jazz Numbers series, and the original "People in Your Neighborhood", and at the very bottom, images of The Sesame Street Book & Record, The Sesame Street Book of People and Things, and maybe the set of stickers from 1969. A later example would be for the early 1980s, with an early 1980s image as the main image, on the side stills from the Teeny Little Super Guy opening, "Chariots of Fur", Big Bird holding his drawing of Mr. Hooper, Ernie and Bert in an egyptian pyramid, and James Taylor with Oscar, and below images of some records and books.

Or perhaps a few posters of classic clips from the show would be good.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking about the possibilities of a trading card collection where each card is of a scene from the show, here's what clips I'd represent:
1. Big Bird Meets Sally (episode 1)
2. Rubber Duckie (season 2)
3. C is for Cookie (original)
4. Wanda the Witch
5. Snuffy in the New York marathon
6. Luis and Maria's wedding
7. The Alligator King
8. King of 8
9. Elmo on Beat the Time
10. Do De Rubber Duck
11. That Grouchy Face
12. Grover gives Kermit ears
13. Teeny Little Super Guy
14. Bert's bust
15. Goodbye Mr. Hooper
16. Put Down the Duckie
17. Pinball Number Count
18. Super-Grover: Telephone
19. Super Grover 2.0: wedge of cheese
20. Spider-Monster: The Musical
21. Monsterpiece Theater: 12 Angry Men
22. Kermit News: Rupunzel
23. Herry and John-John
24. The Golden An
25. OOOO-Klahoma
26. Snuffy flies to Hawaii
27. Because We're Friends
28. Doin' the Pigeon
29. Kermit and Joey sing the alphabet
30. What's the Name of That Song? (original)
31. Elmo and Mr. Noodle
32. Pizza The Musical!
33. The Cookie of Oz
34. The Cookie Bunny
35. How Do You Do?
36. Twiddlebugs and stamp
37. Abby's Flying Fairy School
38. Abby and Jennifer Gardner
39. You Tickle Me
40. Fuzzy and Blue (and Orange)
41. The Honker-Duckie-Dinger Jambouree
42. Roosevelt Franklin: here and there
43. Ladybug Picnic (original)
44. The Batty Bat
45. What I Am

On the backs I'd put a summary of what happens and the season they premiered (maybe even the episode number). Of course, I know the debut seasons for most of what I suggested here.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
This calendar may not exactly be a product released for the 45th anniversary, but to me, it sort of is. For one thing, several of the regular characters (Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, Oscar, Cookie Monster, Grover, Snuffy, The Count, and Elmo) get their own pages for each month, but check out who else gets their own pages! At the same time, the illustrations look very Old School 80's style (in my opinion), so this might just be the closest thing we have right now!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1629050431/?tag=muppetcentral

Pepperlover2123

Reaction score
If I lived in NYC or nearby, I would maybe go see it and check it out! Unfortunately, I live nowhere near NYC, though. I live in North Carolina.