You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At one point in the Rugrats episode "Feeding Hubert", Angelica gives the Rugrats tips on how to make a "can of monster food", but why is Angelica helping the babies there? Considering her first line when she enters is her asking if they're talking about the "monster" who eats their trash, I kinda feel like she should have known that the garbage truck was really a truck and maybe tried to scare the babies further. I feel like Susie would have been a better character for that scene, thinking it's also a monster but helping the babies make monster food, well-meaningly putting in their parents valuables.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently I saw that Funko Pop released a Chuckie toy, only it's advertised as Child's Play 2. What's the deal with that? It couldn't just be advertised as a "Child's Play" (or a "Chuckie") toy? I'm pretty sure the toy wasn't some CH2 variation.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I saw a couple episodes of Lassie (well, parts of them) where it seemed like there were no humans at all, and then was told that there was a season that rarely had humans (and then I read the wikipedia page which confirmed that). What's the deal with that? Were they trying to work around an actors strike or writers strike (how do you script those episodes with just Lassie out in the wild?) or something? I looked at the Lassie page and couldn't find any reasons why they did that for that season (though I was mainly focused on parts of the article about that season, so I could have missed it if it was at a part of the article I wasn't expecting), the TV tropes page doesn't say anything about those episodes... Just what is the deal?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's something that's been bugging me.

How come Johnny Test is referred to a ripoff of Dexter's Laboratory when the only slight reference is the inventor sisters have red hair and pointy looking glasses and Johnny's a blonde and science is involved? No doubt that's an intentional reference, but thematically and tonally, it's FAR closer to being a ripoff of Fairly Oddparents (something the creator of Johnny actually worked on, so that's kinda to be expected).

Dexter's far more an abstract show, and while DeeDee ruins stuff, it's for sibling rivalry/trolling reasons. JT is more about Johnny pestering his sisters until they give him something that blows up in his face so some lesson can be learned somehow on occassion. That's more or less a standard first season Fairly Oddparents right there. Only much less funny. Heck, I'd venture to say it's almost Doraemon, but yeah... an American cartoon writer that has seen an episode of that series when it didn't even get localized until recently is highly unlikely. Plus Nobita is far less obnoxious.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today, I was at Game Stop, and wanted to buy the most recent Mario and Donkey Kong game. It's a download-only game, but the store has cases for those in store, where you pay at the store and get a download code. But when I went to buy, I was told that they had sold out of download codes for it. How do you run out of download codes? I would assume that games that are available to download have unlimited quantities since you just download them. Unless the store gives a different code to each customer (but I assumed they were all the same code).

And what's the deal with a new Mario and Donkey Kong game only being available as a download? I can see that for a non-franchise game, but nearly every Mario game is a best seller.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, for one thing, yes, each person gets a different code. Thats how all these download things work that you need to pay for. If they were the same code, then anyone could just give out the code for free.

Though...if its download only, why would you go to game stop to buy it? Shouldnt you just be able to buy it from the console itself?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Though...if its download only, why would you go to game stop to buy it? Shouldnt you just be able to buy it from the console itself?
Well, Game Stop does have a few empty packages in the store for games that can be downloaded, which you get the code for, and I chose to try to buy it from that. I did end up getting a prepaid card so I could download without the code.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
huh. You can probably tell how often i go to gamestop and buy games online

I honestly didnt know gamestop sold download only games. Still seems kinda silly to me but whatever XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly didnt know gamestop sold download only games. Still seems kinda silly to me but whatever XD
Considering that download games may just be the future of gaming, I'd say that GameStop would do anything it can to stay in business. I don't see them staying in business just selling game hardware. I'd see them selling download games for a while, maybe making some deals with the game companies for exclusive content to convince those to actually have to go to the store, and then just quietly fading away like the fye's and Suncoasts did.

Which now makes me think of malls in general. Have you ever noticed that some big name stores lose their lease because the mall companies always raise the rent... but there's always room for that one store that sells bootleg merchandise? Seriously. What's up with that?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering that download games may just be the future of gaming, I'd say that GameStop would do anything it can to stay in business. I don't see them staying in business just selling game hardware.
I'm surprised there haven't been any consoles where you only download games as opposed to putting discs, cartidges, or other things in the systems.