Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I understand, but I still feel that they do owe us things.

Another insider is OpenVaultDisney and I really wish he would post here again to reassure us all that Disney is still committed to releasing the rest of the Muppet Show on DVD and that they know about the demand for it and that they do care and that they're still working on getting all the legal red tape cleared and that they feel bad about not fulfilling their original promise to release Season 4 in 2010 as they announced at the 2009 D23 Expo.
You know, I feel that by the time the 2 seasons see the light of day then DVDs will be practically extinct, and they'll have to be SD Blu-Rays.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I'm hoping (probably stupidly) that Disney will announce some sort of release for next year at D23 for the Muppets 60th anniversary. Or they might wait till 2016 for the 40th anniversary of The Muppet Show. How about season 4 next year, and season 5 in 2016 along with a box set?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm hoping (probably stupidly) that Disney will announce some sort of release for next year at D23 for the Muppets 60th anniversary. Or they might wait till 2016 for the 40th anniversary of The Muppet Show. How about season 4 next year, and season 5 in 2016 along with a box set?
I know, I think that maybe like they did that whole thing with "Kermit's 50th Anniversary", then they'll do the same thing and release the last two seasons as part of "Kermit's 60th Anniversary".
NOO! Don't say that! I DON'T WANT BLURAYS!
I know right, but as a kid, I really can't buy the seasons on DVD anyways, I'd have to beg my parents like crazy to get just one of the seasons!

FunnyBear

Reaction score
[QUOTE/]I know right, but as a kid, I really can't buy the seasons on DVD anyways, I'd have to beg my parents like crazy to get just one of the seasons![/QUOTE]Yeah, me too

Slackbot

Reaction score
I understand, but I still feel that they do owe us things.
How so? Have you paid them? Do you have evidence of a promise to funnel information to us in perpetuity? Just because you want something doesn't mean anyone owes it to you.

Look, if Disney doesn't want to say anything to us, they're not going to say anything to us, period. Badgering those of us who have been in contact in the past is not going to do any good whatsoever. We cannot make them create good news for us. They do not set policy. If Disney doesn't feel like releasing shows we want on DVD, then they will simply keep their silence rather than be up front about it and get the fans angry.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
How so? Have you paid them? Do you have evidence of a promise to funnel information to us in perpetuity? Just because you want something doesn't mean anyone owes it to you.

Look, if Disney doesn't want to say anything to us, they're not going to say anything to us, period. Badgering those of us who have been in contact in the past is not going to do any good whatsoever. We cannot make them create good news for us. They do not set policy. If Disney doesn't feel like releasing shows we want on DVD, then they will simply keep their silence rather than be up front about it and get the fans angry.
Slight hypocrisy much?

Besides, they freakin' ANNOUNCED Season 4 at the 2009 D23 Expo, so the company DOES owe us an apology and an explanation on that front.

Unless they're just not allowed to talk about it, especially if there's still a ton legal red tape that has been particularly difficult to clear (I think it could very well be the John Denver estate as DrTooth and others mentioned some time ago).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Slight hypocrisy much?

Besides, they freakin' ANNOUNCED Season 4 at the 2009 D23 Expo, so the company DOES owe us an apology and an explanation on that front.

Unless they're just not allowed to talk about it, especially if there's still a ton legal red tape that has been particularly difficult to clear (I think it could very well be the John Denver estate as DrTooth and others mentioned some time ago).
That depresses me, because if John Denver was alive today he would have easily let Disney release the episode (well he seemed like a nice guy).

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
That depresses me, because if John Denver was alive today he would have easily let Disney release the episode (well he seemed like a nice guy).
Well, he must've been a nice guy ( and a Muppet lover) since he didn't care if they kept on asking him to do Muppet projects!!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't know who Disney's fooling by NOT releasing more season sets. I saw TMS S1 at Target, a nearly decade-old set, and only ONE copy remained, REALLY GOOD SALES, even now!