There Needs To Be a Better Respect of Opinion Around Here

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I wanted to bump this thread, because I'm still noticing a good amount of this mindset in a lot of threads. Seriously, people need to calm down.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I agree completely. I have been one of the overly positive people on the site, but hopefully I haven't come off as annoying!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I think that I am one of these people who don't let people express their opinions, but, I used to be positive for the first months I joined. Now, all I do is disagree with everyone. Everybody that I was mean to, I'm sorry for that. I'll try to be more positive and try to erase something the moment it gets mean.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This is why my posting on here has become less frequent aside from having a busy life. This isn't the same MC like when I first joined.

I won't say who but MMW is a great example of how people have jumped on each other. Some people have expressed their total dislike for the film and while I think that's sad because I loved it I can see the reasons why they didn't. But because of that their told their not a true Muppet fan or their opinions don't even matter.

And I'm sorry you don't have to agree with it but just say either "agree to disagree" and move on. No one is wrong for liking or disliking something. And also certain members on here and I won't say who post on here about us all being treated equal and how we should respect each other's differences but end up doing the exact opposite they preach about. The saying is true people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I'm no perfect member on here and I have at times jumped on members but I do try to learn from my mistakes or at least think before I speak because so many things can be taken the wrong way over the internet. I sincerely hope this isn't why Snowthy left.

As Jim said Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody. It's a good life, enjoy it.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Wow...I could just kick myself for not knowing that this thread even existed...

I deeply apologize for not seeing it earlier than I should have.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling that there is going to be a divide with the members of the forum. In fact I have already kind of seen this happening. It's between the older more seasoned members with a lot of the newer younger members. We have to be able to find some kind of common ground where we can all get along.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling that there is going to be a divide with the members of the forum. In fact I have already kind of seen this happening. It's between the older more seasoned members with a lot of the newer younger members. We have to be able to find some kind of common ground where we can all get along.
I was afraid you would say that, but yeah it is occurring to me that some newer members are putting pressure on me. I been only here for two years.

How are we going to solve the problem with the division between old and new members?

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I was afraid you would say that, but yeah it is occurring to me that some newer members are putting pressure on me. I been only here for two years.

How are we going to solve the problem with the division between old and new members?
I'm a new member!! But, some people bother me, and I would like to find a way for this to end...

dwayne1115

Reaction score

What do you mean by putting pressure on you? If you don't want to say in the forum you can PM me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You'd like to see people come together?

Sometimes it might be necessary for people to put their own differences aside.
Some might feel they need to get their way, shove their own opinions down others' throats, minimize other peoples' opinions, blah blah blah. This conduct has made me uncomfortable in the past, but I've tried my best to steer clear of the drama and let cooler heads prevail.

In my ten years visiting here, there was only one occassion where I felt compelled to step in and curb someone's destructive behavior. I tried to point out to the offending party why his behavior was negatively affecting this forum, but still tried to be respectful of his feelings. I thought it was better to diffuse the bomb rather than let it explode.

Some people, out of habit, are so used to rushing to post their opinions to something without totally thinking it through. There was one time I've said something out of haste, and then went back to apologize when I saw how it could've been misunderstood, or taken offensively.

For the most part, this forum is a lot more civil than most sites I've seen.
There doesn't HAVE to be a schism betwen old and new members. If everyone can be as respectful as they want others to be to them, be willing to bend a little (if that means older people being a little more patient, or younger members being a little more mature, so be it), then this place can get along just fine.

This board can be as good as you want it to be.
Sorry it's only Saturday, my sermon is a day early, but now you can sleep in tomorrow. Thank you.