R.I.P. Mickey Rooney (1920-2014)

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
Mickey Rooney and Shirley Temple both auditioned for Our Gang/The Little Rascals but never joined Spanky and Company. But one of Mickey's sidekicks from the "Mickey McGuire" series did make it in to the Gang. Kendall McComas (aka "Breezy Brisbane")
only made a handful of Rascals shorts before going back to Rooney's series (and his character "Stinky Davis") but what an impression he made. It was great that Mickey was able to continue his acting career long after outgrowing childhood. For so many child actors, reaching adulthood is usually the kiss of death to your career.

He also managed to get away with playing a Chinese landlord in "Breakfast at Tiffany's", which I doubt anyone would be able to pull off today.

I just watched "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World" the other day, knowing he was the last surviving cast member. Then his number came up. Now they're all at the Big "W" in the sky.

Thank you Mickey, also for gracing Disney's "Pete's Dragon" and "The Fox and the Hound". You rascal, you.
Sadly I've never seen Pete's Dragon. Please don't shoot me!!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You'll like it. Goes back to a bygone era when they combined live action with 2D animation. Has a nice all-star cast too.