What are the best rock bands of all time

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
The Beatles
AC/DC (Until that new singer came in the 80s)
Led Zepplin
Serj Tankian
KISS
Prince
Weird Al Yankovic (Hey he did do some rock songs in the 80s, so he does count in some ways)
The Electric Mayhem (Do they count in some ways :big_grin::flirt::cool::sing::halo:)
and I think that's it.

cjd874

Reaction score
The Beatles…goes without saying, really.

But why hasn't Queen been mentioned? No one compares to Freddie Mercury, or will ever be as great as he was. And they're still enormously popular to this day.

I'd also like to mention the Eagles, Styx, Van Halen, and Steely Dan.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
The Beatles…goes without saying, really.

But why hasn't Queen been mentioned? No one compares to Freddie Mercury, or will ever be as great as he was. And they're still enormously popular to this day.

I'd also like to mention the Eagles, Styx, Van Halen, and Steely Dan.
I love all of those bands too. They're all some of my other favorites. Freddie is one of my favorite singers ever.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
The Beatles are number one in my book!
But I also like They Might Be Giants and The Beach Boys and The Electric Mayhem.

cjd874

Reaction score
Oh…how could I forget Rush, Foreigner, Toto, ELO, and Genesis? That is some really good progressive rock and pop music right there!
Recommended tracks:
  • Rush, "YYZ," "Tom Sawyer," "The Spirit of Radio," "Subdivisions," "Limelight"
  • Foreigner, "Cold as Ice," "Hot Blooded," "Double Vision," "Feels Like the First Time," "Juke Box Hero," "I Want to Know What Love Is"
  • Toto, "Hold the Line," "Africa," "I'll Be Over You," "Rosanna," "I'll Supply the Love," "Pamela"
  • ELO, "Don't Bring Me Down," "Last Train to London," "Hold on Tight to Your Dreams" "Evil Woman," "Livin' Thing," "Mr. Blue Sky"
  • Genesis, "Abacab," "Invisible Touch," "Land of Confusion," "Throwing It All Away," "That's All," "Misunderstanding"

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Oh…how could I forget Rush, Foreigner, Toto, ELO, and Genesis? That is some really good progressive rock and pop music right there!
Recommended tracks:
  • Foreigner, "Cold as Ice," "Hot Blooded," "Double Vision," "Feels Like the First Time," "Juke Box Hero," "I Want to Know What Love Is"
  • Toto, "Hold the Line," "Africa," "I'll Be Over You," "Rosanna," "I'll Supply the Love," "Pamela"
  • ELO, "Don't Bring Me Down," "Last Train to London," "Hold on Tight to Your Dreams" "Evil Woman," "Livin' Thing," "Mr. Blue Sky"
  • Genesis, "Abacab," "Invisible Touch," "Land of Confusion," "Throwing It All Away," "That's All," "Misunderstanding"
Love all of those! Great song picks too by the way!

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I would say my favorites are The Clash, AC/DC, U2, Van Halen, and Guns n' Roses. Who I don't like, well, I guess The Dave Matthews band and KISS.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Recommended tracks:
Genesis was a mixed blessing for me. They eventually hit pop stardom and became one of the biggest things on earth, but at the expense of all but eliminating their prog masterpieces from their set list.

I saw them back in 1992, and the only mention from their early days throughout their 2 1/2 hour show was a brief snippet of "The Musical Box". Meanwhile you couldn't escape from "We Can't Dance" on MTV or the radio.

Too bad Peter Gabriel left, even though he never would've wanted to see Genesis become "pop stars". But that was exactly what Phil Collins wanted.
So, in order to get what you want, you lose what you have.