Questions about anything

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I also thought that Hyena was a male and was surprised when I found out that Whoopi was the voice. So was she female and we just didn't realize it, or was it a case of a woman voicing a male character? Does that Hyena do anything gender-speciffic (or do they address it as a "he" or a "she")?
Well, the latter was what I thought (because even when I was a kid, I knew that female voice actors voicing male characters was a thing), but other sources indicate that she was a female. It makes sense, because hyenas in real life live in matriarchal groups.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At Weird Al Yankovic's concerts, there's often a section where he sings a medley of his own songs. For a long time, I was aware of this and wondered why there'd be a medley, but after I finally saw one of his concerts live, it hit me that with such a large number of songs, a medley would be a good way to get more of his best hits and fan favorites included, especially if he's heavily focusing on songs from his most recent album.

But it gets me wondering: Do other musicians with huge libraries of songs do medleys in their concerts as well?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Frank Sinatra, Glenn Campbell, Dolly Parton to name a few.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've seen commercials recently for both Steak n Shake and Geico which feature a young male who looks similar as a sidekick-type character to somewhat eccentric characters. Anybody know whether they are the same actor?

Here's the commercials:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After reading about how Weird Al Yankovic's Mandatory Fun album is his first to be #1 in the Billboard charts, I must ask how do the charts work? Does Billboard only track sales of current/recent releases? I recall reading that Michael Jackson's "Thriller" is the highest-selling album of all time, so shouldn't that still be in the #1 spot?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's something I've noticed on a few things I've watched online (and coincidentally they're all Muppet productions). I've noticed that sometimes when a scene transitions at the very side of the screen we see video of something else, usually what comes before or after that transition. I guess it's frozen there.

I first noticed it in a Sesame Street clip, where Kermit asks the Three Little Pigs how they all feel about their houses being blown down. For some reason, this particular clip has the News Flash logo slide up instead of fading to the next scene, and before it fades we can see part of where Kermit is following the title card. And I've noticed this in the clip when viewed in sesamestreet.org and Sesame Workshop's YouTube channel, so it's not like it only happens in fan-uploaded videos. Though it's not there in the iTunes release of an episode with this segment (and that episode does have the same logo card used in the sesamestreet.org copy).

And I've noticed it in Rock Music with the Muppets during the transition to "Don't Blame the Dynamite". Not just on Daily Motion, but also in the promos for the Playhouse Video series as seen on YouTube (yes, that promo actually shows a scene transition that appeared in the video).

And most recently on YouTube, I've noticed it in Sesame Street All-Star 25th Birthday: Stars and Street Forever during much of the Worm TV sequence. It goes away by the end of the "My Name" clip, then comes back during the "ABC Disco" clip, and then goes away before the "A New Way to Walk" clip. And unlike the other examples I've just mentioned, it looks like this footage at the side of the screen is moving a bit, and it doesn't seem to be anything that comes right before or after the transitions. I can't tell if it's footage of the street, Corbin Berensens office, "Do De Rubber Duck", or something else (could it have been from a commercial break if the commercials were cut from the copy used on YouTube?).

Anybody know how this happens?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why did Wikipedia think it was such a great idea to adopt an image viewer system similar to Facebook that actually takes several seconds longer to fully load an image in its full resolution?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I just took a look at Boomerang's schedule for tomorrow (August 12), and I have to ask this...

Why does Boomerang have to slot their programs to air a full 60 minutes, that's one full hour, for every show twenty-four seven?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whatever happened to that squirrel horror movie that was supposed to come out this year? I know three squirrels in particular that are dying to see it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just took a look at Boomerang's schedule for tomorrow (August 12), and I have to ask this...

Why does Boomerang have to slot their programs to air a full 60 minutes, that's one full hour, for every show twenty-four seven?
I can't say I much care for that. There's nothing wrong with a show running for an hour a day... but there is with them running 4 hours a day on the same 2 hours (one late, one early). And what really sucks is the lack of diversity in their programming. I dearly love Chowder, but I've seen the entire series like 3 times in a month period. And months ago, at least they had an action block with Ben Ten and the 00's Teen Titans series. Now it's just like five shows on a loop. Thankfully the weekends have a block of older CN shows... which they rerun the exact same episodes two times a day.

Whatever happened to that squirrel horror movie that was supposed to come out this year? I know three squirrels in particular that are dying to see it.
I wanna make a Nut Job joke, but I won't. Something tells me the squirrel horror movie is some The Asylum piece of crap that we'll probably never find out about till years later.