Pre-Order "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray available August 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Dude this release is right before my birthday! There might be a chance I might get it for my birthday!!!!!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I mean this bluray will be out in about a month!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, it's nice to see that Disney has already begun blu-ray promotion. Last night at 10:00pm while watching Seinfeld (on my13 KCOP) there was the piggy's pistachio commercial, but at the end it said, MMW on blu-ray aug. 12. Then at the 10:30pm seinfeld the same commercial popped up.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Kermit "I love you scene." That is all. :X
You know, that entire 'I love you' scene is used in the kids audiobook. It's used in place of Piggy asking the 'two Kermit's' if they would marry her.

If I recall correctly, Kermit's full speech is, "I love you; all of you. Even though sometimes you all drive me crazy. And some of you because you drive me crazy."

I'm pretty sure that speech, especially that last bit was aimed at Piggy, but of course Kermit would never exclude his family.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You know, that entire 'I love you' scene is used in the kids audiobook. It's used in place of Piggy asking the 'two Kermit's' if they would marry her.

If I recall correctly, Kermit's full speech is, "I love you; all of you. Even though sometimes you all drive me crazy. And some of you because you drive me crazy."

I'm pretty sure that speech, especially that last bit was aimed at Piggy, but of course Kermit would never exclude his family.
Oh I've read the book! That's exactly what I wanna hear too!:smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I've been thinking, isn't it ironic that the longest muppet movie in history, BY FAR, gets an "unnecessarily extended edition", but the majority of the other muppet films don't. I mean, ya, VMX and TM got deleted scenes, but only MWoO got an extended edition, but the film was only 87 minutes long and ended up only 100 minutes long. MMW's none extended running time is a whooping 112 minutes, which is only 8 minutes short of a 2-hour long run time! That's 23 minutes longer than the 88 minute long MFS! So, with an extended edition, even if they only add 15 minutes of film then the total is 127 minutes! Pretty long for a family film, but I honestly don't care, just giving my insight. One other thing I've realized is that this is the first muppet movie DVD to feature HUMANS on the cover! I mean think about it, before TM, humans have never been on the front cover of the DVDs or really even the back covers. Just take a look.

Ok, clearly MWoO is the only exception (and the MCC 2005 DVD release), but with those films the humans were the main characters, with MMW that wasn't the case, they were side characters/ and or antagonists yet they still made the cover...

Come on Disney, they could have at least tried to make a cover for the film instead of the poster, why not this, it's a little plain, but works.

or even this is good...

I don't know, to me it just seems weird to use the poster used a billion times plastered on the DVD and Blu-Ray covers, but eh I can live with that, anyway that's just my 2 cents.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Anybody have the Blu-ray? I know its a rare chance but I was just wondering. Sometimes people get lucky and get it early.

And does anybody know about any preorder special things yet? Like for TM2011 we had the lunch boxes and the puppets etc.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Anybody have the Blu-ray? I know its a rare chance but I was just wondering. Sometimes people get lucky and get it early.

And does anybody know about any preorder special things yet? Like for TM2011 we had the lunch boxes and the puppets etc.
Wait, how do you get it early? Maybe at Target their'll be a sequel bonus dvd to the 6-episode TMS disc except this time it'll be select episodes from season 4 and 5. Anyways, unfortunately due to the meh box office results from the film, I doubt we'll get more than the Blu-Ray stand-alone. I mean at least we got something. A blooper reel, and extended cut, S&W cut, something with Rizzo, I mean it's more than it deserves what with the mixed box office performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.