When you need to rant...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I am tired of applying to jobs and all of these tedious and coherent applications. Why does everybody else have an interview except me in my family?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am tired of applying to jobs and all of these tedious and coherent applications. Why does everybody else have an interview except me in my family?
Me for 10 years. I've had such terrible luck with this, and it's ripped my life apart. I love how everyone has to start at the bottom of the bottom, forcing everyone...even college graduates to essentially fight to the death over terrible jobs that are low paying pieces of crap no one wants anyway. And it's not even an economic issue, it's the terrible business structure that refuses to create entry level jobs that don't need years of experience for those who are trying to get on their feet after college. So basically, you would have had to have worked in high school... at the very same low level, low paying crap jobs that everyone's fighting to get.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Disney channel stars that get a singing career, get all "dirty" then move on and continue on with fame. It's gonna happen next to "Sendaea" or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Me for 10 years. I've had such terrible luck with this, and it's ripped my life apart. I love how everyone has to start at the bottom of the bottom, forcing everyone...even college graduates to essentially fight to the death over terrible jobs that are low paying pieces of crap no one wants anyway. And it's not even an economic issue, it's the terrible business structure that refuses to create entry level jobs that don't need years of experience for those who are trying to get on their feet after college. So basically, you would have had to have worked in high school... at the very same low level, low paying crap jobs that everyone's fighting to get.
Makes me wonder why I didn't apply for a real job in high school or at least shadow at a vet clinic at the time, it would've made finding me a vet tech job a lot easier by now. Two years after graduation from college and still nothing!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Makes me wonder why I didn't apply for a real job in high school or at least shadow at a vet clinic at the time, it would've made finding me a vet tech job a lot easier by now. Two years after graduation from college and still nothing!
Having a job and High School together are horrible things to juggle. You have no free time, and you still can't manage to keep ahead in either. That's a Herculean task to just get a reference and small amounts of money, at the risk of your schoolwork. That isn't to say I didn't try that in college. The one place that did actually hire me was so incredibly incompetent that I never actually got picked up. And I called them every day for a week, came in every other day. I was far too passive aggressive to call them out on it and report them. And I haven't had any luck with that since. Just fill out the same applications only to see them hire a complete moron friend of someone every time.

And you think you've got it bad. I wanted to be a cartoonist. Like every single person born since the 1980's. I can contribute to the overflowing world of Webcomics... or would if I had anything slightly professional... which I would have bought, had I had work to afford it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one image that perfectly exemplifies my opinion of nostalgiaheads that whine about how "they don't make good cartoons I like nomore" that defend the stupidest shows possible, it's this...

Nothing quite says "I miss being young enough to like crappy porogramming" like Baby Looney Tunes. :rolleyes:

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I agree. What do you think will be the next dumb show to get defended

*coughmygympartnersamonkey cough*

cjd874

Reaction score
Bumping this thread…

If I see the "Voice" TV advertisement with that GODAWFUL "Hollaback Girl" song ONE MORE TIME, I will flip a table.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Watching a LOT of Nickelodeon and CN lately, I'll do you one better.

Those freaking mail order kid's toys that are mostly idiotic plush that do other things. But the worst of them has to be Ball Pets and that horrible rap jingle. If I hear "Zip Zoom all around da room" one more time, I'm going to turn into The Hulk.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Watching a LOT of Nickelodeon and CN lately, I'll do you one better.

Those freaking mail order kid's toys that are mostly idiotic plush that do other things. But the worst of them has to be Ball Pets and that horrible rap jingle. If I hear "Zip Zoom all around da room" one more time, I'm going to turn into The Hulk.
I always felt those DreamLites were kinda satanic. After seeing this redub, I'm glad I'm not the only one!