Official Muppet Scale/Chart?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Oh I never really thought of those scenes you mentioned to compare the heights of them, I personally always used the scene from MTM when they're walking down the street to compare their heights.
We'll, I've given this a lot of thought, actually, because in my stories--we'll, my big story at least, I have muppets and humans dating and interacting quite a lot. (I don't think you've read it--not necessary for the explanation.) Newsmanfan (Kris) asked me about that (as did others) because when she was writing her Newsie stories, she even freeze-framed her episodes of TMS to be sure she was accurately portraying Newsie at his real height, human girlfriend or not.

When she told me that, it surprised me. I had never really thought about the relative differences in height or weight (or breadth or depth) because I was writing the CHARACTERS, and not so much their bodies (except yours, Piggy my darling, because you are perfect just the way you are!) {is not a fangirl}.

So, in the same way that it never seemed weird for Kermit or Piggy to flirt with a human co-star because they were presumed compatible, I never felt like size was...er, HEIGHT was an issue. So when Scooter takes Sara onto his arms, it's a perfect fit. And when Rizzo and Pepe hit on showgirls in Vegas, it works. Even Doc Honeydew manages to hit it off with his Amazonian rocket-scientist-student girlfriend.

Peoples is peoples.

(If you really want to be "literal," explain to me how a frog and a pig are the same size(ish) but both of them are bigger that a New Jersey rat!!)

Thanks to all for am interesting discussion!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here are some pictures to help with muppet heights.

So we can all see that Kermit is like a foot shorter than fozzie or even more, hmm, always thought he was only a head shorter, seems like fozzie's one of the taller muppets.

Well, the piggy puppet isn't as tall as we think, probably because she's always wearing those crazy high heels like in this picture...

anyways, so in reality piggy's only a head taller than Kermit.

Eyeball

Reaction score
We'll, I've given this a lot of thought, actually, because in my stories--we'll, my big story at least, I have muppets and humans dating and interacting quite a lot. (I don't think you've read it--not necessary for the explanation.) Newsmanfan (Kris) asked me about that (as did others) because when she was writing her Newsie stories, she even freeze-framed her episodes of TMS to be sure she was accurately portraying Newsie at his real height, human girlfriend or not.

When she told me that, it surprised me. I had never really thought about the relative differences in height or weight (or breadth or depth) because I was writing the CHARACTERS, and not so much their bodies (except yours, Piggy my darling, because you are perfect just the way you are!) {is not a fangirl}.

So, in the same way that it never seemed weird for Kermit or Piggy to flirt with a human co-star because they were presumed compatible, I never felt like size was...er, HEIGHT was an issue. So when Scooter takes Sara onto his arms, it's a perfect fit. And when Rizzo and Pepe hit on showgirls in Vegas, it works. Even Doc Honeydew manages to hit it off with his Amazonian rocket-scientist-student girlfriend.

Peoples is peoples.

(If you really want to be "literal," explain to me how a frog and a pig are the same size(ish) but both of them are bigger that a New Jersey rat!!)

Thanks to all for am interesting discussion!
Oh wow, I can see you put a tremendous amount of effort into that explanation, thanks for the insight and I'll be sure to read your story.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well at least we can all agree that this picture is proportionally incorrect, :smile:.

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
For people shocked about Animal's height, yes, he's that tall. He just slumps over when he walks and stuff. Animal's likely the tallest member of the band, followed by Janice (CURSE YOU PUMPS!), Floyd, Lips, Zoot, and then Dr.Teeth, who litterally, seems to have no pelvis.
What? Janice is taller than her own boyfriend?! Omg. I don't think her platforms would count with her height even still the whole electric mayhem if they were of human size they'd all tower over me lol I'm a shortie

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Ya I agree! Janice does seen talk but the fact that she's taller than Floyd sounds ridiculous to me lol
Actually, look at this.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...ets-most-wanted-theatrical-film.57199/page-49

Go down until you see the muppets on the wall and look at all the muppets. JANICE IS MUCH TALLER THAN FLOYD. In fact she's more or less Fozzie's height! Meanwhile Floyd barely reaches her shoulders, neither does Zoot, and Dr. Teeth only comes up to her legs!! That's crazy!

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Actually, look at this.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...ets-most-wanted-theatrical-film.57199/page-49

Go down until you see the muppets on the wall and look at all the muppets. JANICE IS MUCH TALLER THAN FLOYD. In fact she's more or less Fozzie's height! Meanwhile Floyd barely reaches her shoulders, neither does Zoot, and Dr. Teeth only comes up to her legs!! That's crazy!
I think it's just the way they're pinned to the wall I think it contributes

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Yeah, there's no way that Bunsen is like a whole foot shorter then beaker, unless of course something went wrong at muppet labs....
Wow,I always thought,why Bunsen is smaller then Beaker...Maybe beaker is so big....:confused: :eek: no idea :wink: Maybe something went wrong...Um...I always asked myself if Beaker is standing next to me,how big he would be....