Official Muppet Scale/Chart?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL, well, it helps until you see that other picture, where Animal is clearly taller than Piggy, but on your chart he looks the same or smaller.

muppetperson

Reaction score
LOL, well, it helps until you see that other picture, where Animal is clearly taller than Piggy, but on your chart he looks the same or smaller.
Well, Beaker's picture is of actual photo puppet Muppets, so that is the best to go by.In drawings or toy models(Palisades cheated with their Muppet scales, otherwise pepe would of been too small-so if a character was smaller, they only made them a fraction smaller, or if taller, then visa versa)they are approximated.

beaker

Reaction score
I have this picture that I scaned from one of my style guides that might help you:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w76/muppetdanny/mupsize.jpg

hope this helps :smile:
Thanks! Man, I had no idea just how tall Animal was. As he always seems to be the same height as everyone. I notice Rizzo and Pepe end up being almost as tall as some of the other characters just depending on how the muppeteers/cameraman are framing a particular scene. But eh, not much else ya can do without making a framed shot awkward.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
For people shocked about Animal's height, yes, he's that tall. He just slumps over when he walks and stuff. Animal's likely the tallest member of the band, followed by Janice (CURSE YOU PUMPS!), Floyd, Lips, Zoot, and then Dr.Teeth, who litterally, seems to have no pelvis.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I can't see the original picture posted by Beaker, but the one posted by Danny seems pretty accurate, though I think Gonzo is about the same height as Kermit, but that's just what I think. They all seem more or less the same height on screen and the muppeteers raise their heights up to like 4 feet so they can interact with the 5-6 1/2 ish tall humans.
That one I think was made for Little Muppet Monsters and it is quite inaccurate. I don't think Kermit and Piggy are that short, but Gonzo and Animal seem normal height-wise, but it's Bunsen and Beaker that really irks me. Bunsen is only about a head shorter than Beaker, but that photo makes him look like a midget! LOL.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Yeah, there's no way that Bunsen is like a whole foot shorter then beaker, unless of course something went wrong at muppet labs....

Muppet Master

Reaction score
For people shocked about Animal's height, yes, he's that tall. He just slumps over when he walks and stuff. Animal's likely the tallest member of the band, followed by Janice (CURSE YOU PUMPS!), Floyd, Lips, Zoot, and then Dr.Teeth, who litterally, seems to have no pelvis.
Well we know that Dr. Teeth is MUCH shorter than Janice, because of the petula clark "at the dance" sketch, here's a picture...

Dr. Teeth's like a whole head shorter!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
W
Well we know that Dr. Teeth is MUCH shorter than Janice, because of the petula clark "at the dance" sketch, here's a picture...

Dr. Teeth's like a whole head shorter!
We don't actually know that. Janice is probably wearing some spanking high heels--you know how fashionable babes are!

For what it's worth (which might be nothing) I like best the scale where we see individual muppets interact with each other. For me, Kermit and Piggy's relative heights will always be defined by them dancing to "The a First Time It Happens," their fantasy sequence, and them standing side-by-side at their wedding. Scooter, Rowlf and Fozzie from "Saying Goodbye," Beaker and Bunsen side by side at their lab, etc.

Eyeball

Reaction score
W

We don't actually know that. Janice is probably wearing some spanking high heels--you know how fashionable babes are!

For what it's worth (which might be nothing) I like best the scale where we see individual muppets interact with each other. For me, Kermit and Piggy's relative heights will always be defined by them dancing to "The a First Time It Happens," their fantasy sequence, and them standing side-by-side at their wedding. Scooter, Rowlf and Fozzie from "Saying Goodbye," Beaker and Bunsen side by side at their lab, etc.
Oh I never really thought of those scenes you mentioned to compare the heights of them, I personally always used the scene from MTM when they're walking down the street to compare their heights.