My Muppet Show App Discussion/Updates

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Nice! I feel like I'm the only one that digitizes them in order. :sympathy:

galagr

Reaction score
Months. It's been months since we got anything new in the game. Just about sixty days. And they've been struggling to keep people interested in the game. Then they announce this big project, this huge, game changing, event taking place. This definitely got people talking. Speculation began and fans went wild. We all expected one thing: Pigs in Space. The one thing we've been waiting for since the game began. We were pumped. We sat through weeks of waiting for annoying "clues" but the thought of getting Pigs in Space is what helped us wait. A whole new stage dedicated to Pigs in Space! Of course we would wait for that! And then, today comes. Fans everywhere lit up when they saw a new post on the MMS Facebook. And what's this big, long awaited, absolutely-worth-the-wait thing coming to the game?

FREAKIN'

MUPPET

MAN!

No, bravo guys. You suckered every single one of your fans into thinking they were getting something they've wanted for a while, but instead we got something that absolutely no one asked for. Bravo guys. You know, I think I know who's behind all this. The head honcho over at Big Blue Bubble must be...

Please tell me I'm not overreacting. This is absolutely ridiculous.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
I agree. Does that mean I'm the head honcho of the company? But sersiously, really? Muppet Man? Come on, I thought that it was maybe's Fozzie's Mom's House as a new stage. But Muppet Man? What the ****? At least I got Janice and Floyd.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see how they bring in Muppet Man. A new level would be a good start. Digitize all the characters in that scene and assemble Muppet Man Voltron-style...

galagr

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see how they bring in Muppet Man. A new level would be a good start. Digitize all the characters in that scene and assemble Muppet Man Voltron-style...
Well, I've looked a bit at the Facebook comments (mainly to see how many fans they've now ticked off, but I digress), and many fans seem to think that it will function a bit like the "Wubbox" monster from MSM. Which, originally, starts out like this:

But, after receiving the box itself, you proceed to put every monster available on that stage inside of it, and, after accomplishing said task, through some kind of voodoo magic, it'll power up to something like this:

Kind of a cool and interesting game mechanic. I can definitely see it playing out to something like the Wubbox. Although, I'm sure this'll also anger quite a few fans that don't understand the game mechanic.

I agree. Does that mean I'm the head honcho of the company? But sersiously, really? Muppet Man? Come on, I thought that it was maybe's Fozzie's Mom's House as a new stage. But Muppet Man? What the ****? At least I got Janice and Floyd.
You know, I've let the rational side of me think over this whole "Muppet Man" situation, and I think it actually makes a bit of sense that it would be the thing they tease. Okay, first of all, there is no way in heck that that's the only thing they've been working on in the past two months. They've gotta have something up their sleeve, and it better be something that the fans wanted. No "Liza Minnelli's Dressing Room", please.

And, it makes a bit more since to tease the Muppet Man instead of a new stage. The Muppet Man is a whole new game mechanic, something the game has never seen before. A new stage is a new stage, Pigs in Space or not. We have five other stages that function exactly like it (buy muppets, level them up, digitize muppets, use those muppets to digitize other muppets, buy decorations to make them happy, wash, rinse, repeat). Don't get me wrong, I would've MUCH preferred we get Pigs in Space over this, but, if they're going to tease something, it should be something that's completely new to the game, and not just another stage. Like I said, they've gotta have a new stage coming soon. The last one we got was in March. Heck, maybe they'll just release the Muppet Man with a new stage. At least, they better have a new stage before August at the least. Or they'll have many more angry fans to deal with.

But, all that aside, it's still inexcusable that they had us wait that long. Never make your entire audience wait three weeks for a teaser of what's to come.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've been playing MSM for almost as long as I've been playing MMS. I have a Wubbox on each of my ispands, and two on Water and Gold. It didn't even occur to me that Muppet Man could be the MMS version of the Wubbox, but that makes perfect sense.

Here's how the Wubbox works in MSM: You buy the "egg" form of the critter, which looks like a decorated box. You then place one of each kind of monster available on that island (except for special monsters, like seasonally available ones) in the box. (Note: once you box a monster, it can never come out again! It's best to box newly hatched, level 1 monsters.) When the box is full you can activate it to get that funky dancing thing that makes a dubstep kinda song.

So...say you buy the empty costume, and you have to place Muppets inside the "Muppet Man" clothes. When you have one of each Muppet required, Muppet Man would start up with a song of its own. Yeah, I think that sounds cool. And it makes sense from BBB's point of view, because if people box up their one-of-a-kind characters, it'll encourage them to spend their diamonds upgrading their digitizers.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the update. It's funny how it's still "Muppets Most Wanted"-themed despite the hype for that movie being pretty much dead at this point (not in theaters of course and won't be out on Blu-ray for another month and a half).

Getting pretty bored with it too. All I have to do is get all the Muppets on the Ship and the Big House to level 15.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Took me long enough, but I finally have Lew Zealand :fishy: in the kitchen level.
So now I'm up to date with every limited edition muppet:
In the theater I have Beauregard :oops: and Janice :flirt:
In the kitchen I have Marvin and Lew :fishy:
In the ship I have Sweetums :grr:
And in the big house I have Dr. Teeth :big_grin:
I just need Floyd :sing: in the rooftop and then I'll have the full set.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Lucky....I didn't get Floyd or Gonzo....:frown:
I rully wish they made Lips