Muppets' 1971 Dick Cavett Show appearance download

zns

Reaction score
What I think is weird is that the announcer of the program said that :sympathy: was also on the show, yet he made no appearance whatsoever.

goshposh

Reaction score
Did kermit the frog perform in i've grown accustomed to her face or did kermit?

ploobis

Reaction score
Did kermit the frog perform in i've grown accustomed to her face or did kermit?
Kermit did "I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face" and Kermit The Frog did "Glow Worm". :smile:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Does anyone have a video of the Dick Cavett Show version of Glow Worm? I really want to see it what it was like with Kermit the Frog instead of the pre-frog Kermit.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The more times I see that bit done, the more I think it works better when Kermit wasn't as established a character as he is now. When he was more of a generic being, I feel as bad because Kermit wouldn't really eat worms like that.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Has anybody found the FULL episode on YouTube or any other video website?? I would LOVE to see it full!

cjd874

Reaction score
Listened to this and was amazed! Here are my thoughts.

• Thog was pretty funny in this one, and I wish he could have been a bigger character (in terms of popularity, not in size).
  • Cookie and Oscar had great lines: :insatiable: "This microphone great! The one on Carson's show…BLECCH!!!" :grouchy: (in response to Carson's question about commercials) "Yeah, I love trash!"
  • Frank's Snowths sound a lot like Miss Piggy. Also, they weren't multi-tracked, so it sounded like one Snowth singing. Perhaps later they added an extra vocal for TMS version.
  • Very Sesame-centric show, with fun skits featuring Ernie, Bert, Grover, Big Bird, Kermit, and the Anything Muppets, too! Plus the Glow-worm sketch, Visual Thinking, and "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face." Don't know why they brought Lothar, though.
  • How in the world did Jim think Frank played Herbert Birdsfoot? (face palm)
  • 5/5 would listen to again