Guest Stars: Who Enjoyed It & Who Didn't?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Little Richard was definately having fun doing Muppets Tonight - and you can tell he loved doing Sesame Street! His enjoyment really shows when he's doing something he loves - he was in a classic episode on One Life to Live (which he was also apparently a fan of) marrying Bo and Nora in the mid 90's and it was obvious he had a blast doing it!

Not Classic Muppets, but you can tell Wanda Sykes had lots of fun doing Sesame Street - watch closely and it looks like she's trying not to break character laughing at Joey's adlibs.
Dw, have you ever seen the TV movie "Mother Goose Rock N' Rhyme" with the all star cast playing the nursery rhyme characters? Little Richard plays Old King Cole and he looks like he's having a ball on that too. :smile:

matleo

Reaction score
Sitting here watching clips from the Wally boag episode on youtube. Easily the unfunniest episode of the show. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he didn't work well with them. There's just no interaction between him and the characters that works.

I'd think that anybody who came back for more and appeared i nthe movies (John Cleese, Milton Berle, Bob Hope, James Coco, Brooke Shields) most likely enjoyed it on some level.

Somebody had commented that it didn't look like John Cleese was having fun. One thing about Cleese is that as hysterically funny as he is, one of the reasons for that is he knows when to shut up and play the straight man and play it in such a heavy way that he can still get laughs doing it. I think Harvey Korman is the same way.

--Matt

David French

Reaction score
Sitting here watching clips from the Wally boag episode on youtube. Easily the unfunniest episode of the show. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he didn't work well with them. There's just no interaction between him and the characters that works.
It's been a while since I last saw his episode, but I thought he was a good guest star and I believe he enjoyed his time on the show.

Somebody had commented that it didn't look like John Cleese was having fun. One thing about Cleese is that as hysterically funny as he is, one of the reasons for that is he knows when to shut up and play the straight man and play it in such a heavy way that he can still get laughs doing it. I think Harvey Korman is the same way.
That's wrong about Cleese; he spoke fondly of his time in the book "Monty Python: Before and After" saying that in one scene after the Director had called "Cut!" he (Cleese) patted Kermit on the head as if to say "Job well done."

animalrescuer

Reaction score
This is my opinion, if a guest star appeared with the Muppets more than once, they must really love doing things with them like John Denver and Paul Williams.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I know Peter Ustinov absolutely loved his time on TMS according to muppet morsels.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Just going off my impressions, I got bad vibes from Connie Stevens, Rich Little, Liberace, Jonathan Winters, Gladys Knight, and Buddy Rich. They all seemed like they really wanted to be somewhere else.

Most of the people who were really excited have already been covered, but I thought that Rita Moreno, Madeline Kahn, Lesley Ann Warren, Carol Burnett and Linda Ronstadt all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Elton John seemed to be half and half. It's my favorite episode because he gave a lot of energy, but I have to agreee that he didn't seem crazy about it at times

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This kind of thing is very hard, nearly impossible, to judge. Actors can take any bad situation and make it look like it's the time of their lives. And it's not really fair to judge the musician guests because they're not actors; they're just trying their best and it's not unusual for those types to come off as stiff.

Eyeball

Reaction score
i got a feeling that don knotts didnt really enjoy his time on tms, and his appearance kinda blew for that reason imo.

los

Reaction score
I don't know how much Richard Little enjoyed being on the show but certainly did not.

One that I particularly like is Steve Martin but I am a little biased as he is one of my favorite actors along with Bill Murray.