Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I recently had a dream that I saw the clip. It was a lot different then people have described it, though. In my dream, it wasn't a girl laying in her bed imagining cracks on the wall. It was a mad scientist building a crack-like monster. Weird, how things come up, huh, :smirk:.

wiley207

Reaction score
Wow, that was deranged animation on the Crack Master there. I was expecting the cracks to have a really deep, evil voice, and the music being REALLY scary.

Now I need to update my "Sesame Street Thriller" music video :big_grin:

crackmaster

Reaction score
I was expecting the cracks to have a really deep, evil voice, and the music being REALLY scary.
Oh my frickin' Baby Jesus, I am ROFLMFAO here. You should do that sometime. I literally had to get up from my chair and go to the bathroom, since I just ****** my pants laughing. Thank you, Muppet dude. Thank you.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I love stories like this. I don't know if it's better that we actually got the short or if it would have remained a mystery through the years just for the thrill of it (which sometimes outweighs the actual thing), but as one of the YouTube comments said, even though we can now watch the short, the mystery of it still definitely remains intact. Now I'm just expecting the Crack Master to come through the screen and devour my soul into oblivion. :big_grin: The original artist is still unknown, and will most likely remain that way, so the mystery is still not over. Sometimes I just imagine them creating this short.

Now since we got this short, why can't we see the Margaret Hamilton episode? :big_grin: Persistence pays, though it's much more feasible to get a minute short over a full-length episode. I'm not gonna lie; a lot has been lost with the advent of technology and cell phones. Things like this wouldn't exist today, now that everything is DVR'd. All we have for this episode is a black-and-white photo and newspaper article; the mystery is thrilling. Has anyone ever met anyone irl or on the web who has claimed to have seen this episode?

So what's left in the SS-grail these days? The aforementioned episode, Out to Lunch, Snuffy's Parents Get a Divorce... what else? I recently stumbled upon the episode where Deena stays with Maria, and while watching it I had no idea of its significance or the character's rarity, but anyway: that character is annoying; like shoot her with a tranquilizer annoying. :sympathy: A lot of these things I discover by text and am interested just enough in so I YouTube them and see they don't exist, usually for odd reasons, and then they gain much greater significance than they would've otherwise just because of their rarity and mystique.

In a plot-twist, 'Cracks' is in the Margaret Hamilton episode. :big_grin:

So who do you think sent dycaite the short? The title card at the beginning would point to this coming straight from the vaults, so maybe an employee saw the demand online and snuck this baby out to make someone's day.

I'm also a little intrigued on how Jon Armond got the short. I listened to his video, and he was extremely vague.

btw, @Muppet dude: One simply does not Poop the holy grail. :big_grin:

wiley207

Reaction score
Though now I'm not entirely sure if that is true. The episode that aired after it, Episode 0848, does have the "Cracks" segment, so I don't know if they'd show the same cartoon segment two episodes in a row. But maybe it's gone one of those really freaky cartoons by Etienne Delessert, like the mutant rabbit chasing the kids, or the apple tree monster, or one of those "face morph" segments!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now since we got this short, why can't we see the Margaret Hamilton episode? :big_grin: Persistence pays, though it's much more feasible to get a minute short over a full-length episode. I'm not gonna lie; a lot has been lost with the advent of technology and cell phones. Things like this wouldn't exist today, now that everything is DVR'd. All we have for this episode is a black-and-white photo and newspaper article; the mystery is thrilling. Has anyone ever met anyone irl or on the web who has claimed to have seen this episode?
Unless the episode is just completely lost from the SW archives, the only thing keeping SW from releasing it now seems to be copyright licensing. They did manage to release some of the R2-D2 and C3-PO footage to coincide with The Force Awakens to youtube. Only way we can get the Wicked Witch episode otherwise is if someone manages to sneak it out of the archives. And we were lucky as heck to get Seven Little Monsters and Crack Monster out there. I don't think we'd be able to be that lucky in this case.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was this a joke, or did you actually read it somewhere? The Muppet Wiki guide for episode 847 doesn't mention any segments that appear in the episode.