Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well it's kinda sad that MMW made a mere $20.3 million, I mean you'd expect that a sequel would make more or somewhat as much as the last film's foreign total.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Well it's kinda sad that MMW made a mere $20.3 million, I mean you'd expect that a sequel would make more or somewhat as much as the last film's foreign total.

They should have released during Thanksgiving. It worked the last time around. It was dumb to dump it in March.

Reaction score
It definitely is disconcerting, especially considering the film's international setting and its "world tour" merchandising. However, I recently read online (on Forbes, if memory serves me well) that the film still has a handful of territories left for release. Here's hoping we at least hit the $100 million mark worldwide.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It definitely is disconcerting, especially considering the film's international setting and its "world tour" merchandising. However, I recently read online (on Forbes, if memory serves me well) that the film still has a handful of territories left for release. Here's hoping we at least hit the $100 million mark worldwide.
Well, that gives me a bit hope, but there were many territories it entered on Apr. 11 and May 1, but there was barely any boost in foreign grosses, but ya it should at least muster $50 million at the foreign BO to push the worldwide total slightly past the $100 million mark.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well finally after a week or two of no foriegn box office updates we now know that MMW has moved from its former $20.3 million former total to a $27 million foriegn total boosting its worlwide total to $77 million. At this point the film needs $23 million more to push its worldwide total past the $100 million mark, clearly doable after it opens in Brazil. Even so, glad to see more money in MMW bank, at this point any upgrade more than $1 million in MMW BO total makes me glad.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, Disney's Million Dollar Arm opened with incredibly poor box-office results, at only $10,000 in it's ENTIRE opening weekend. It seemed to have suffered standing up against Godzilla, the same way MMW disappointed when it was up against Divergent.

That being said, I think Disney realizes not all of their movies need to be blockbuster juggernauts, and if low-cost franchises like the Muppets continue to bring money for the company (especially during slow months like March) they'll continue to do things with them.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, Disney's Million Dollar Arm opened with incredibly poor box-office results, at only $10,000 in it's ENTIRE opening weekend. It seemed to have suffered standing up against Godzilla, the same way MMW disappointed when it was up against Divergent.

That being said, I think Disney realizes not all of their movies need to be blockbuster juggernauts, and if low-cost franchises like the Muppets continue to bring money for the company (especially during slow months like March) they'll continue to do things with them.
Ya, most people here don't see the fact that MMW has mde $187k back for Disney.