Help me identify this jacket?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hello lovelies!

As an early birthday gift, my friend located a lovely muppet jacket at a second hand store. It is the same as the one pictured in this closed eBay auction: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=290930212995 I'm too lazy to take/post my own pics but I have the exact same one.

It is a (very very) large hockey jacket, with an embroidered emblem of Kermit stickhandling next to an NHL logo on the right side (your left if you are wearing it), and the back has a huge embroidered emblem with the word Muppets with Piggy, Animal, and others all in hockey gear.

I did a quick search but didn't find anything about NHL/Muppet jackets. There is absolutely no date anywhere; not on the tag or on the copyright below the emblems. I'm assuming it's from the 90s? Just based on the designs. It does say Made in Canada on the tag.

Really curious as to when and why it was made! If anyone can help that would be great.

(Also it is actually gigantic on me and was thinking of getting it tailored, since mine is essentially new and unworn. Not sure if it would be a good idea, like are they rare and should I leave it alone?)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Thanks Chris! I came across that page in my quick search but flipped off it pretty fast and assumed it wasn't related since there was no mention of jackets. But I didn't think of a crew thing. That makes perfect sense because now I see the pic of Kermit is the same! Thanks!